“Great food, even better price!”
Review of Country Cousins

Country Cousins
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Westward Ho
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Great food, even better price!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch and really enjoyed it.
I had the carvery which offered a choice of meat (or in my case a bit of them all!) plus a good selection of vegetables and accompaniments for you to help yourself to. For £8.95 I saw people piling up their plates so high they were spilling it as they walked back to the table so it did offer good value. The dessert cart that came round was good old temptation too, with a variety of deserts and puddings.

One piece of advice, if you want to eat here then book, I saw so many people being turned away or asked to return hours later as the place was heaving.
If I ever go back to westward Ho! I'll definitely go back here to eat.

• Visited April 2013

Bideford
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Having not visited this restaurant for about 4 years and remembering it being a great carvery I thought it would be a good choice to take visiting friends but i have to say i was disappointed. For a start our tablecloth was very dirty - lots of stains which did put me off. The staff were friendly enough although not particularly attentive, more intersted in talking to each other! The carvery was not very hot, more like luke-warm and the beef was tough but the pork was good. The dessert trolley however was very good with lots of choice and definately the best part of the meal. I personally think the place needs a bit of a revamp - it's looking tired - I won't be rushing back there in a hurry!!!

• Visited April 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“great carvery”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

20 of us booked and we were all seated and fed and finnished within the hour, excellent service, top food, hot food, and very polite staff.

Visited April 2013
Ettington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brill”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great carvery, great service, lovely staff. Excellent choice of meats and vegetables. Good value for your money

Visited April 2013
Tadworth, United Kingdom
“A great carvery”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the place that we regularly eat at whenever we visit North Devon. In the 2 weeks that we were on holiday we eat here 3 times.
There is a very varied menu with everything from steaks and fish for the adults to burgers for the kids.
Although there is new staff there now the same high standard has been continued.
The Sunday carvery is well worth a visit, with the usual 3 meats and mountains of fresh vegetables.
So if you are looking for a place to eat with a consistently high standard of food you will not be disappointed with Country Cousins.

Visited March 2013