“Great food but the portions just too big!!”
Review of Tea on the Green

Tea on the Green
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Westward Ho
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Winners of the Best Cafe 2012/13 from the North Devon Food Awards. Our Cream Tea has been hailed as one of the best in Devon. The Tea Room has a lovely retro style with posters, images and music from the fifties and a warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

On a recent visit to Devon friends took us for lunch at Tea on the Green. Delightful small restaurant with a retro theme, well decorated and a great atmosphere. Staff were very helpful, service was a bit slow but it was extremely busy and they were rushed off their feet. A very good selection of food with some interesting and innovative choices on the menu. The salad I chose was very nice indeed but the portions were absolutely huge. There were 5 in our party and everyone said the food was excellent. The cakes and scones are all freshly made on the premises each day and look delicious. My friends went for the scones which were as big as saucers, but frankly the size of them put me off. My biggest disappointment was that the fresh cream meringues I had my eye on were all sold by the time I came to dessert so I settled on the chocolate cake which was very nice but again was just too big. I managed half of it and the staff were happy to put the rest in a "doggie bag". I know other reviews have raved about the size of the portions but for me personally they were off putting - I would have preferred to have seen smaller portions.

1  Thank PollyA66

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Really enjoyed my experience of Tea on the Green. Came on a rather busy sunny afternoon, and wanted to sit outside. The table already had been used, and not cleared, but as soon as we sat down, someone was quick to clear it up for us, even though everything did seem a bit chaotic. Staff was polite, and the menu left you spoilt for choice. The portions were absolutely huge, I was unable to finish my sandwich , and the cakes were heavenly ! Lovely interior , and is a wonderful place to visit with friends.

Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful decor, Amazing gluten free cakes (sensitive coeliac daughter never been ill here), wonderful food and the best cream tea ever. How they get those wonderfully grand scones so beautifully light is a mystery. Staff, friendly helpful and knowledgeable about their product. Do not miss this place ;o).

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited in a party of 10 people, between us we had savoury food, cream teas and various cakes, all of which were superb. The scones in the cream tea were massive, light, fluffy and very tasty. The food was nice all round, the decor is fun, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

It really is a must visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited based on the trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. It was so good we went back the next day! The size of the scones need to be seen to be believed. Jam and cream were plentiful and the tea cosy warming the teapot was a cute touch. Staff are friendly and efficient. We left our little girl's fork behind on our first visit and the staff remembered us the next day and gave it back before we'd even had a chance to ask. Inside the cafe there's a very authentic 1950's theme. We saw a few people walk past and check out the menu before walking by. Their loss!