“good family fun”

Hickory's Smokehouse Rhos-on-Sea
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Rhos-on-Sea
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our little slice of ‘Southern Style’ heaven on the North Wales coast. Set in the beautiful seaside town of Rhos-On-Sea. Fanatical about flames; silly about smokers and utterly obsessed with the smells, tastes and traditions of the Deep South. Our smokin' hot menu is available all day every day, from smokehouse classics including ribs, Texas style beef brisket, to steak and burgers. Serving breakfast Friday - Sunday and lunch throughout the week and a specially designed kids menu that includes ‘grown-up’ tastes and some fun healthy options, the entire family can experience the flavours of the deep South.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We meet friends and had small family members, it was great fun as there is a place for the kids to play, its a relaxed atmosphere and very family and dog friendly. The menu is extensive and tasty, service good. Good all rounder.

Date of visit: August 2019
Hickory's S, General Manager at Hickory's Smokehouse Rhos-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Natalie D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

It's lovely to hear the whole family enjoyed your visit, we try be as family friendly as we can (including the four legged members too) so it's great to hear this :)

We hope to see you again soon.

Craig

Write a reviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Today I thought we could take my wife to a post birthday treat. Yep I got it wrong. Venturing within the grounds we found a table perfectly accommodating ourselves and our dogs... Service was at best slow.. As for the food l am afraid I was anticipating American portion sizes (some left overs for the dogs) oh so wrong.. Chicken and veg skewers £13.99 amount of chicken... About 1 breast with veg. on 2 skewers a bit over priced as for the side order of onion rings it was embarrassing £3.50 for 4 cold rings of battered onion, Icelands are just as good and I'd only serve them hot..£18.99 ribeye was somewhat lonely on a lump of wood.... We were told when we eventually ordered we would be given water and free popcorn before our food arrived presumably salted I say presumably as it never arrived but I did see the machine when I nipped to the toilet. Sorry to say not impressed won't be bothering again any time soon if at all.....

Date of visit: September 2019

Hi Duncan S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I'm so sorry to read your comments about your recent experience with us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food, service and hospitality and it sounds like we let you down on all three aspects on this occasion.

I'd really appreciate it if you would reach out to me directly as we'd really like the chance to put things right and assure you this isn't the norm. My email address is craig.gibson@hickorys.co.uk

Thanks again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Would have said good, rather than very good but three dots is “average” and that is too harsh so going with the four!!
Food was good- I had the beef brisket which was mostly great. The bourbon gravy was a definite hit.
Other half had the meat platter- the pile of bones at the end told me all I needed to know! Noticed that there is a page in the menu for vegans/ veggies which I thought was nice and inclusive (though didn’t spend much time looking at that if I’m honest!!)
Everything is nicely done- menu, the way food is served (mine on a wooden platter with the chips in rustic enamel cup), the bag of popcorn etc
Came without the kids today but there is a warm welcome for kids and atmosphere is nice and relaxed.
Staff checked that everything was ok and were efficient. No problems with order or bill. Likely to return at some point.

Date of visit: September 2019
Hickory's S, General Manager at Hickory's Smokehouse Rhos-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Lemonade12345,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to us and you enjoyed the brisket - It's my favourite :)

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

American smokehouse
Family fun beer garden area, slide, ping pong and games

Monster menu for big eaters

Fun menu

One of the kids favourite places

Staff well trained, efficient polite and fun

Regular hot spot

Date of visit: April 2019
Hickory's S, General Manager at Hickory's Smokehouse Rhos-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Hi Craig2504,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

It's great to hear you enjoyed your experience with us :-).

Please do come in again soon, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

A bit expensive but a great place to celebrate. Lovely food and a lovely environment. Nothing too much trouble for the staff

Date of visit: August 2019
Hickory's S, General Manager at Hickory's Smokehouse Rhos-on-Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Hi 66kath

Thank you so much for such a great review!!

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit to us and we do hope to see you again soon :)