“Price Varation”

The Galleon
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Rhos-on-Sea
Cuisines: Fast Food, British, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Galleon fish & chip shop is a family owned business, trading with it's current owners since 1991, Andrew & Tina Whincup. The Galleon has been awarded many prestigious awards over the past 12 years, named Welsh Fish and Chip Shop of the Year 2002 by the Seafish Industry Authority, becoming runners up in the UK 2002 & 2003. Tina also came 3rd in Young Fish frier of the year competition in 1999. Here at The Galleon we pride ourselves on the quality of our product. Our customer service and food quality are by far the most important thing to us and we will be more than happy to take your comments on board.
Oldham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Price Varation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I are on holiday again near Rhos on Sea. We always have the same meals and drink, so far this bank holiday week we have had our lunch in the Galleon 3 times, each time the Cod Fish, and chips have been perfect, and the coffe is fine. So far on 3 differant days the bill as varied as much as £1-20p for the same meals, I do not want to kick up a fuss over the price as we want to continue having our Lunches there while on holiday. Prices are expensive for the size of portions compaired to Greater Manchester. Service is slow but worth waiting for.

R &J A

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ry b

Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
“Tried to charge me double”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can accept paying more for food if it is above the usual standard, but really, there is nothing to lift this above the usual fish and chips. It's all style over substance and, to be honest, I can do without my mushy peas being served in a porcelain pot. The shop is very busy, though God knows why, and it takes a long time to get served and to get the bill.

When I eventually received the bill, the biggest shock of all came. I had decided to treat myself, sad as that sounds, and I was eating alone. Initially, I thought the bill was a joke, and then I realised they had charged me twice for everything. Of course, I pointed out the error, and it was corrected. I would have just called it a mistake under other circumstances, but combined with the poor service, high prices and strictly average food, it makes for an establishment I can not recommend under any circumstances.

1 Thank T0nyRG
Wales, United Kingdom
“Over priced & small portions!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a really expensive fish & chip shop and the portions are very small! You don't get value for money. £1.80 for a small (very small) portion of chips and £2.20 for a large (or so they say) portion of chips. This is my local fish and chip shop but think I will be travelling that extra mile for now on and going to Colwyn Bay!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kelly H
Burton on Trent
“Takeaway Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Takeaway fish, chips and peas were absolutely delicious. People were queuing up out of the door when we got there but service was slick so the queue moved quickly. The young staff were friendly and helpful. 'Would I like my peas on top of the chips?' 'Salt and vinegar on that?' Would I like extra salt and vinegar on the fish?'.
We ate them overlooking the harbour in the early evening. Beautifully crispy batter and gorgeous chips. A real feast and good value for money. Visited on 13th and 20th July 13.

liverpool
“Lovely fish & chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Lovely fish, chips n peas n took them to eat by sea. Keep up the good work & don't let your standards drop. Deffo worth a visit!