“Ribs platter”

Federal Ribs Envigado
Order Online
Ranked #49 of 240 Restaurants in Envigado
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

First off, the open air seeting and the service was great. We were greated immediately, and were shown to our seats.

Decided to go with an appetizer plate that had a bit of everything; ribs, wings, fries, and I cant remember the other two items. The order came out fairly quickly, food was steaming hot.

TASTE:
The bbq sauce on the ribs were missing a key ingredient, possibly vineger or pepper for that extra tang flavor. The rib meat was still a bit rough, was missing that slow smoke cook texture.

The “traditional” wing sauce had a sweet flavor, contrary to what “traditiona buffalo sauce” is in the United States.

Fries were great, seasoned and fried well!

Overall, the family enjoyed it, serve and paying the chdxk was quick and efficient.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed June 26, 2018

they advertise as a north american style rib joint but obviously they dont have a clue as to whats going on up north of the border. they boil their ribs, throw them on the grill then cover with sauce, NO thats not how its done! not if you want fall off the bone succulent meat. they told me they prefer a quick fix to prep... so then you get dissappointing ribs, oh well.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

I'm normally skeptical about US franchises away from the norm because of the source material for goods, meats, and such. However, with that craving for home, I had seen this at the mall, and being nearby in Envigado, took a chance and we went. We were not disappointed. Why go to a rib place for quesadillas or burgers? We chose a half-rack of ribs each. Super delicious. I wanted spicy so I was going for the Diablo salsa but the manager said if I liked spicy, try the Colombia salsa. I was not disappointed. and my lips were still a little burning later! My girlfriend took the Mayacura' salsa (passion fruit) and although she doesn't like spicy, it was a little spicy for her but pleasant with the fruity salsa. Service was excellent. The manager was very informative, the wait staff attentive, and get this - they even came back every once in awhile to check on you without having to be asked. So, indeed, they, as advertised, did base it on an American style. Ribs were fantastic. Cole slaw was a different flavor but delicious. Fries were excellently seasoned. Great visit. They accept VISA. Nice area with several other restaurants nearby in the hub for Envigado. Well worth it. Meal for 2 with drinks and tip - $68K COP. Can't beat it for a treat like that. The portions were good-sized and not enormous. A cool little feature is they give you these plastic gloves so that you don't get sauce all over your hands. Interesting

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

We went to the restaurant my wife and myself, the order was a burger and ribs, the burger had good flavor and juicy meat but the ribs had zero meat, only bones, was terrible.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I enjoy good ribs and if you plain ribs go here. the meat is great. The BBQ sauces are the worst. I have tried 5 and they are all equally not pleasant.
Just my opinion