Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic Spanish school, highly recommended

Context: I studied here for 2.5 months, at both Envigado and Laureles locations, from basic all the... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
soroushjp
San Francisco, California
Amazing school in Laureles

Great school and amazing city! I was suppose to study Spanish for 2 weeks in Laureles but... read more

Reviewed November 27, 2018
Van Es Sa D
Toronto, Canada

All reviews learn spanish coaching sessions friday night immersion program spanish school two weeks language exchange learning experience salsa lessons empanadas second week fellow students excellent teachers feel at home all sorts administrative staff meet locals
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

I spent 5 weeks at the Laureles school and really enjoyed the experience. The coaches, teachers, and staff were all engaged, professional, friendly, and helpful. I highly recommend Eli as a classroom teacher and for private lessons.
I also really enjoyed my coaching sessions with all coaches and especially Felipe. I learned a lot from each coach and I really appreciated the diversity each coach presented.

I wish I had more time to improve my spanish but I hope to return one day and continue the learning. I just hope I don’t lose what I learned.

By the way, the classes are intense but fun.

Date of experience: November 2017
ColombiaImmersion, Public Relations Manager at Colombia Immersion Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Hola Cassandra, thanks for the review. Having you here was great, and it is good to hear that you enjoyed as much as learned, you are more than welcome any time you come. Cheers.

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

I’ve just finished 1 month Immersion package at Laureles campus.
Very impressed and highly recommend.
The school is very professional and takes the learning seriously. Very well organised and efficiently run.

Classes
Only 4hrs a day but this is enough. It’s mentally draining having to concentrate so hard. Then with an hour of coaching afterwards and homework I was always pretty tired by the evening.

Coaching
Was helpful. I used several different coaches and all were great. Some for teaching/revising. Others simply for chatting with at a slow simple pace.

Activities
I did several activities each week. Each one being good. Interesting and well organised but still casual and not too formal.
More like going out with your mates then going on an official tour.
Went to some places I wouldn’t have gone otherwise.

School
Modern, clean and well organised. Free coffee all day which is essential for me.
In good location, 10min walk from Metro. Local market close by where I went for lunch everyday.

Laureles
Before coming I was concerned Laureles might be too gringo/touristy. This isn’t the case at all. It’s a fairly rich nicer part of the city but is nearly all locals. Rarely see other gringos. And not much English spoken at all. I stayed in Floresta area and really liked the neighbourhood. Would sit in the park everyday doing homework/free WiFi etc
The whole area is very safe.

I left the school with a very good impression.
I have learnt a lot in the month. Although I’m still far from fluent, this is no fault of the school, I just underestimated how much harder it is to learn the language even when immersed.

Date of experience: November 2017
ColombiaImmersion, Guest Relations Manager at Colombia Immersion Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Hola! Thank you so much for you review and for choosing us. We do the best we can to offer our students a great experience, and I´m really glad to read that we are making it.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

I attended the Laureles branch of Colombia Immersion in Medellín for three weeks, and I don’t regret it. Good quality classes, both group and private. Prices comparable to most other schools. Extremely friendly staff and Teachers (shoutout to Catalina and Monica!). Would recommend.

Date of experience: October 2017
ColombiaImmersion, Front Office Manager at Colombia Immersion Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Thank you for your review. I´m glad you had a good time with us and enjoy. Cheers

Reviewed November 3, 2017

I liked the Language School very much. I attended the school in Laureles, which is a neighborhood i like a lot. It is not that touristy like Poblado, but with everything you need, a lot of locals, a lot of party and close to a lot of other parts of the city.

I took private classes at the school which i liked very much. The focus is on speaking the language and i liked the methodology a lot. I knew some Spanish bevor my stay here and in my four weeks i improved my Spanish very much. The big benefit of private classes is, you can improve specifically this parts of the language you need and you get to speak a lot.

Beside school, i liked all the events and activities a lot. The field trips take you to neighborhoods you wouldn't visit if your are a normal tourist or go to normal tours, and they give you a lot of information about this interesting city.

I definitely would recommend this school! Thanks a lot to the whole team

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you Basil for your review and for everything you did for us. Having you here was great. Enjoy a lot and have a great life! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Colombia Immersion is great! I was at Envigado and it's the kind of place where you feel like a part of a community - not only do you feel recognised by other students who are just as keen to learn Spanish, but the same goes for all the teachers and staff. The conversation-oriented approach is great - you have the structure of the classes (that are still very conversation-oriented), and you have the opportunity to reinforce and practice that learning through one-on-one coaching and group activities organised by the school (highly recommend both).

1  Thank Chelsea M
ColombiaImmersion, Manager at Colombia Immersion Spanish School, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Chelsea, thank you for taking the time and write about us. It was really good having you here. Hope to see you again :)