“Lost world fine friendly restaurant and excellent food”
Review of The Royal Oak Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luxborough
The Royal Oak Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Luxborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have read all the reviews and have to say that our experience was very good, friendly staff and service and the reason we went there the food was excellent (this was not the Savoy but a very pleasant pub in the middle of nowhere). Will visit each time I go to the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here the night before I completed the Wimbleball Ironman. The staff were brilliant, they provided me with a breakfast to take to my room the night before the Ironman so that I could have something to eat before my early start. The rooms were cosy and well presented and the food was of a very good standard. My only issue was that I couldn't stay there and recover as I had to be back at work on the Monday. A great hotel, would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here only one night out of a two week journey, but found it to be a beautiful area, nice accomodation and good food. It may be a bit pricey, but at leat it was good! Nice outdoor area outside the pub, but we didn't find the pub inside very welcoming. The dining rooms are very nicely appointed and the food is well prepared, both breakfast and dinner. I would've liked to stay here more than one night, as I think it would be a great area to hike and explore, and very comfortable accomodations to return to.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2012

A very friendly pub and the food was good (but yes it was expensive and having to order additional side dishes to complete the meal was a bit of a rip off). I must state the staff were very helpful and welcoming. Stayed for 2 nights, first room we had only had a bath not a shower, only other room available was the smallest double, which was very cramped but did have a shower. The bed was too hard and uncomfortable which resulted in not sleeping very well and there wasn't even a mirror in the bedroom - which was to the say least inconvenient.

Room Tip: If you want a shower rather than a bath - check when booking.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were dissapointed after our last visit here.
We found the meals quite expensive and little better than we could have rustled up quickly at home...sadly often the case once an establishment achieves popularity.
The beer and wine were OK and the service friendly so we`ll probably go again in the hope that they have a new chef!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We didn't stay here but was recommended to eat here and I'm so glad we did. We had a fabulous meal, great service and really good local ales. It's really off the beaten track but well worth a visit for the food and hospitality. It also has an extremely friendly pub cat!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Caz789
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We travel to Dunster beach once or twice a year and found the Royal Oak recommended on trip advisor. We went for both a pub lunch and evening fine dining. Both experiences were first class. We particularly liked the bar meal offerings and the helpfulness and attitude of Anita. Reading back through some of the reviews it is interesting to note how picky sometimes customers can be. We have a dog and by and large when we eat out we make sure she is well fed and safe in whatever accommodation we happen to be staying in. However we did note this is a dog friendly establishment and I'm quite sure that the owners are correct in keeping the restaurant dog free and can fully understand why they would want to keep the small main bar area free of dogs on busy evenings as in this day and age locals have to be taken into account or places such as this will not survive. The back area of the bar towards the toilets is equally charming and a very good place to eat while in the company of our canine friends which is what you do on a busy night. What surprised me was that none of the local customers I chatted to in the Premier Minehead chippy the Brampton Fish bar were unaware of this gem in luxborough. We will be back on every trip

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TopTeenBaby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luxborough
The Luttrell Arms
#1 of 3 in Dunster
Kentisbury Grange Hotel
Kentisbury Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kentisbury

Been to The Royal Oak Inn? Share your experiences!