“A true taste of Spain”

La Herradura Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: THE FLAVOUR OF THE SPANISH CULTURE La Herradura Restaurant is located in a historic Old Farmhouse has an interesting history dating back to was it was first built in 1888, for instance in 1920, when the was a train line built connecting Vega Baja with Alicante top politicians from all over the country converged on the area for the inauguration of the new line. Unfortunately the train was derailed leaving the politicians stranded for two days. The took refuge in La Herradura where soon changed from a farmahouse to an inn. The restaurant's wine cellar dating back to the 19th century is just one of the many features of the restaurant. Parking isn't a problem either with space for over 250 cars.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was my second visit recently, different days having different shows and is based around an old farmhouse and is beautifully authentic. I felt that the waiters all took great pride in the service and the quality of the food and wines available. There is a large outside area which I imagine is in use at busier times and there is plenty of parking. For around €30 pp for food, drink, a show and excellent service I think this will be hard to beat.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 4, 2019

We went for the Menu del Dia which consisted of 5 courses. All prepared to perfection and plenty of it !
Staff were welcoming and put up with my very basic attempts at Spanish.
if you are in the area i would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 2, 2019

La Herradura is styled as an authentic Spanish Restaurant based in an old finca. The setting is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful. The menu is varied and the food well presented. Most nights there is entertainment we had Flamenco dancing. I had a fish salad starter ( half an avocado topped with smoked salmon surrounded by king prawns) followed by a sirloin steak cooked to perfection with roquefort sauce. My only critisism was that the sauce was a little weak, but none the less a great meal, not a cheap one but all in all good value.

Reviewed May 27, 2019

4 of us went to La Herradura for Menu del Dia today, and found it to be sadly lacking compared with previous visits.
2 of the 4 choices of starter were disappointing- the chilled soup was tasteless, and the scrambled egg starter looked like one of my failed omelettes, and again was very bland and unappetising.
Mains: Ribs were tough and little in the way of sauce to cheer them up. Chicken was a couple of drumsticks - tasty, but not very imaginative, and the pork loin in Roquefort sauce was very poor ... sauce was watery, grainy and not even a hint of Roquefort. The vegetables were cold.
Cheesecake dessert was average. Coffee was practically undrinkable - you could stand your spoon up in it, it was so strong.
We were being treated by friends, so didn’t complain, but none of us enjoyed lunch.
It will be a long time before I venture here again, and have already decided to call off a flamenco evening that 8 of us were arranging for next month.
Shame. This used to be one of our favourite restaurants - especially for taking visiting friends for a special lunch or evening.

Date of visit: May 2019
Francisco Jose P, Propietario at La Herradura Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

What I appreciate the most about his criticism is his promise not to return to the restaurant. Please, I hope you keep your promise.
If you had a problem with a plate, it can happen, we all make mistakes. I would apologize and even invite you to a glass of wine. But if everything was wrong, honestly, you have the problem, because many people congratulated us for the same food that you ate.
The funny thing is that you took our cheapest menu, the menu of the day (homemade bread with Alioli, seasonal salad, a starter to choose from 4 options, a main course to choose from 4 options, dessert, coffee and a drink) and he analyzes it as if it were a Tasting Menu for which we would have charged him 50 €.
He even criticizes our coffee, when I can assure him that it is one of the best coffees available in the market. I am very demanding with coffee because I love it ... and I can assure you that what it says is not true.
When a person has the will to solve a problem, it is very simple, he communicates it to our maitre and we would have offered him something else ... when someone does not look for a solution and it is "easy key" goes to the computer. For his criticism I understand that he does not have much affection for us. Of course, that of your canceled 8 table is an invention. I count all the reserves and there is no cancellation.
It is a pity that people use something as valuable as tripadvisor with different purposes to its origin .... thousands of people pass by our restaurant, congratulate us, they are friends, they demand us and we are delighted to give the maximum quality and the best service .
Please, don´t forget, keep your promise.

Reviewed May 16, 2019

We travelled to this restaurant to have a glass of wine and perhaps a tapas, as a precursor to a good night out later in the week with a floor show with meal( Costa Blanca People) a round trip for us of 1.30 hrs that was wasted as they were closed at about 3pm and the place deserted, so disregard the website opening times and ring and check . I have no idea weather the restaurant is good or bad , I just hope that its better than their information.

Date of visit: May 2019
Francisco Jose P, Propietario at La Herradura Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

I'm sorry but you're wrong. You can not rate a restaurant you have not been to. I'm going to report your opinion. Surely you have been in La Herradura, in Los Montesinos? You will have gone to another place or you would not know how to open the door .... The restaurant is open every day and our kitchen opens from 1:00 pm to 11:00 pm. He is wrong and his opinion does not correspond to reality. Even from 9:00 AM is the cleaning team preparing the restaurant .... you are aware of the damage that your error does to our house?