“Highlight of our holiday”

La Herradura Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: THE FLAVOUR OF THE SPANISH CULTURE La Herradura Restaurant is located in a historic Old Farmhouse has an interesting history dating back to was it was first built in 1888, for instance in 1920, when the was a train line built connecting Vega Baja with Alicante top politicians from all over the country converged on the area for the inauguration of the new line. Unfortunately the train was derailed leaving the politicians stranded for two days. The took refuge in La Herradura where soon changed from a farmahouse to an inn. The restaurant's wine cellar dating back to the 19th century is just one of the many features of the restaurant. Parking isn't a problem either with space for over 250 cars.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Visted this wonderful restaurant at the end of September, on a Friday night when they have the most amazing flamenco show.

The atmosphere is lovely and the restaurant is really quirky with lots of little nooks and crannies. The food was a delight. We had the Tapas menu. There is a good selection to choose from, everything we ordered was very good. the service was friendly and attentive. The local wine was excellent .

We had a thoroughly entertaining evening , even my misery guts of a husband enjoyed it. I kept glancing over at him and he was engrossed in the performance.

A story unfolds which is told through the Flamenco dance, it is executed by a male and female duo with such elegance and grace.

I was invited up to dance too, initially I felt apprehensive, I have limited co-ordination and the only one who normally gets to see me dance is my dog Dutchess and the look she gives me is bad enough. I was wishing I had drunk more wine but I was soon put at ease by Havier the male dancer. He is lovely and took me through the dance. I really enjoyed the experience and it wasn't long before I was feeling confident and considering applying for a place on "dancing on ice'!!!

A brilliant evening. Highly recommended .We will definitely be going back again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We've eaten at La Herradura at night time both inside and out, at lunchtime and even on Christmas Day.

As tempting as the a la carte menu is, we generally go for the set menus of which there are a few, none of which will break the bank.

Although the clientèle are mostly British, the food is definitely Spanish and as a testimony to the quality you do find wealthy Spaniards dining there later in the evening. As a bonus, there is a flamenco floor show at the weekends during the summer.

I think my favourite meals at La Herradura were on Christmas Day and the occasion of our 40th wedding anniversary. Eating in the courtyard under a blue sky on Christmas Day was very special.

1  Thank BigastroQuique
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have visited this restaurant many times now and each time is a delight.
The service is not hurried and time if given to you by your waiting staff to discuss the menu and any specialities for that day.
The staff all seem to have worked here for some time (normally a good sign) the inner courtyard has been covered and is air conditioned which makes for a pleasant temperature.
The thinly sliced red prawn dish is a must and the toasted bread is also very good. There is plenty of fish dishes and typical spanish dishes to choose from.
I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant as one of the best in the area.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Many thanks to Francisco, Atilya and team for the great night last saturday (15th Sept). Birthday cake was wonderful.
The Hobsons (aka the Wyllie family)

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Went there on a wednessday in August around 2:00 in the afternoon. Only 6 customers. Spendid food. Ask as a starter for the typical self-made bread of La Herradura. We took the dorada in sea salt.... The owner herself takes the time to intruduce herself and to take care of the table and serves also the wine. Space for 50 pleople in the main restaurant. 3 other little corners (former chambers) for little groups or couples.
We will come back here !!!!!

1  Thank els v