“what a find”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Punjabi Palace

Punjabi Palace
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Torrevieja, Spain
“what a find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

At last we have found a good indian restaurant. We have lived in this area for 2 years and in that time we have visited many other indian restuarants but have always been disappointed. It was great to find this. The food is very good and the décor is really nice. We had the lunch time set menu which was popadoms and dips which are good,, then any chicken or lamb dish with rice, coffee or desert and a drink for €8.95 which was very good value. Can't wait to go back

1 Thank 123doreen

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good food,but service can be poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have eaten here many times over the last few years and have always been impressed with the food, it has always been consistently good. My issue is with the service (not from all the waiters as most are very nice), but with the young guy who I think is now the manager. Whenever we visit without a reservation, he walks around the restaurant as if he is looking to see where he can fit us in, even if the restaurant is quiet. I can see the tables with reservation signs on them, so surely he must know what tables are free. My other issue with this guy is that he is very inattentive when taking the orders. So much so, that I often have to correct him to ensure we actually get the food we have ordered. He just seems bored whenever he has any interaction with you, like he doesn't want to be doing anything as lowly as taking the order. As I said at the beginning of this review, the food is consistently good, but this is often counteracted by being made to feel that you are lucky to be allowed to eat there! This is why I have given it 3 stars

3 Thank Jane2806
NORTHERN IRELAND
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This cracking restaurant is tucked away from the main street of Los Montesinos, but it is well worth finding it.

Coming into town from the direction of the motorway roundabout you should take the first left, which is right on the edge of town (there's a bar on the corner of the street you need to turn up); go to the end of the street and follow it to the right. The restaurant is opposite the park on your left. The street is Calle Mayor, but don't go by the pin drop on Google maps.

Anyway, what can I say about this place? Well, you are greeted by very friendly staff and offered a choice of seats in the nicely decorated dining room. Popadoms and dips (complimentary) are immediately produced, and soon after, your drinks arrive. The menu is extensive, but if there's something not on it then I'm confident the chef can produce it for you. Our regular waiter was a chap called, "Atul," and you really need to chat to this guy. He speaks 9 languages and will happily discus with you Indian culture and the various foods. Each time I just asked him to recommend a dish for me, and he has never failed to serve up some of the nicest Indian food I've ever tasted. You can ask for your food to be served as hot or mild as you prefer.

The food is simply delicious; the portions are very generous, and if you don't finish it, you are automatically asked if you want to take it home with you. You can also eat here with the confidence that the food is quality, as my girlfriend and I have been here many times and yet to feel unwell or 'squiffy,' the following day.

The atmosphere is very relaxed, comfortable seats and the toilets are spotless.

As for the price, I can only say it is very reasonable given the quantity and quality of the food.

As for my personal recommendation; get the Murgh Tawa Tikka Masala, (Vindaloo hot,) and you will be in food heaven. Can't wait for our next visit.

Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“1st vist and not disappointed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our party of six made our first visit and were very pleased with our meals. Everyone had different starters and main meals, all off which were good sized and very flavoursome .
The staff were very pleasant and didn't rush anyone.
Prices are reasonable for both the quantity and quality of food served. We will all be back again very soon which says it all !

1 Thank Bill M
Swinton,Manchester, United Kingdom
“Punjabi Palace ,Los Montesinos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

After an evening drink with friends we asked directions for this restaurant. Although tucked away from the Main Street .What a find!!
Clean cool and contempary setting for this wonderful jewel in the sun.. Attentive staff serve you with popadoms and sides before even asking for your drink order and then the choice is fantastic,from sides/starters to main meals a plethora of curries and sundries. Whatever your tolerance they have a curry for you.From Korma to Keema Biryani to Korai to Vindaloo!! The meal was wonderful and they Peshwari nan is to die for according to my companions..I was happy enough with my garlic nan.
I thoroughly recommend this place to anyone and we will be making it a regular on our visits to Torreveija as its only 10- 15 mins out. Excellent!!

• Visited May 2013