Queens Head
The Blue Lion(East Witton)
$69
$76
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Catterick Garrison Hotel(Catterick)(Great Value!)
$71
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
$47
Travelodge
All reviewsthe pubthe early bird menubelly porkfamily suitestaying nearbyspecials boardblack puddingsunday lunchthree coursesdiner menuhomemade biscuitslovely mealwell stocked barfunction roombeer gardenan evening mealgenerous portions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have been here quite a few times when visiting friends and the food never disappoints. This time though we had our four year old granddaughter staying with us too. Helen, the fantastic owner, got us seated and order taken very quickly as a large party was booked at the same time. The staff are always friendly, helpful and pleasant. The menu changes and the veggie starter of grilled hallumi was delicious, the mains of our party included steak, cooked perfectly as required, fish, melt in the mouth, steak and kidney pie generous, tender meat, tasty gravy. We shared puds! They have fantastic desert platter great for sharing too. I have an egg allergy which can be a pain when eating out. This is never a problem when we eat here as they go the extra mile to adapt their dishes so I can try them. Looking forward to visiting Yorkshire again and the Queens Head of course!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Visited the Queens Head on Thursday 29th August 2013. Just the sort of atmosphere we like. Olde worlde. Excellent service and the meals were sublime. My brother had the gammon, I had chicken in white wine sauce with mushrooms and my father had liver and onions. Good choice of vegetables and the meal was cooked beautifully. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed August 27, 2013

On the last evening of our stay in the Yorkshire Dales, I had booked a dinner for 8 in the The Queen's Head in Finghall near Leyburn. This was my second visit to the restaurant in two years time. The Queen's Head is situated on a hill overlooking Lower Wensleydale. We started with a drink on the terrace on the backside of The Queen's Head. Lovely views of Lower Wensleydale. A friendly lady told us we could go inside when finished with our drinks. Our table was situated in the modern restaurant room of the Queen's Head. Spacious, comfortable and quiet. Different starters and mains were ordered, all of excellent taste and with attention to presentation on the plate! Service is excellent. A perfect closure of our stay in the Dales.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We only ate here, didnt stay over.

Excellent value early bird menu with lots of choice and reasonably priced a la carte menu too. I had goats cheese, beetroot and hazelnut salad, followed by roasted hake fillet, all well presented and absolutely delicious. My OH had chicken kebabs, followed by duck, good quality.
Good understanding of celiac and special dietary needs. A warm welcome, prompt and attentive service, atmospheric bar or smart restaurant area at the back. Will definitely return (and I'm very picky!). Only area for improvement would be to update the website, as the menu we ate from isn't the same.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oldbutmarvellous
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed one night. Room was spacious, clean and welcoming with a large bathroom. There was loads of storage space and a comfortable sofa. There was ample tea and coffee in the room with nice biscuits.
The food was excellent - ignore the person who has put the food was bland, they obviously had their taste buds removed. Also excellent beer.
Breakfast was also excellent - everything was fresh and tasty. I am a vegetarian but thoroughly enjoyed the food I was served.

Room Tip: All the rooms have an amazing view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple