We have just returned from a truly wonderful time in Tahiti. We started our vacation with a bare boat sail with three other couples and finished with a five day stay in the overwater bungalows at the hotel. We were all so incredibly pleased with everything. We were in bungalow 622 with our friends next door or close by The bungalows were spacious with beautiful views of the water. We were able to leave the slider open at night to enjoy the stars the breeze and sound of the surf breaking over the reef.
Our visited began when we checked in on Saturday and were greeted by the staff who seated us and brought us a refreshing beverage to enjoy as we completed the check in process. It was so much more pleasant than standing in line. After settling in we enjoyed sampling the various offerings at the huge buffet dinner and the Polynesian show which followed.
During our stay we all continued to be impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the food (do try the absolutely delicious Mahi Mahi burger) and the number of available activities. I highly recommend the meet and greet event with the dolphins. It was one of the high points of all of my vacations ever. It was informative, fun and very respectful of the dolphins. Would also recommend the massage as it was so relaxing. We all enjoyed watching the fish, the rays, the shark and even a small octopus from the deck or when snorkeling around our bungalows.
We also were appreciative of the opportunity to use the facilities of the intercontental in Papeete while waiting for our late night flight back to Los Angeles. We were able to enjoy a last tropical drink a very nice dinner and use the transit room to freshen up before our flight.
Thanks to all the staff for making this trip so incredibly enjoyable. We will remember it for a long time and look forward to coming back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia