We travelled to Papeete then on to Moorea Island on the 23rd of December until the 5th of January staying at the Intercontinental. My wife, my son and I found the Island to be absolutely stunning with the people, the local cuisine and activities exceptional. The resort provided everything we expected with a magnificent over water bungalow near the dolphin enclosure - roll out of bed and straight into the lagoon which was around 20 feet deep off our verandah and crystal clear!! Activities at the resort, while somewhat expensive, allowed for a wide range of things to do catering for all age groups and fitness levels. The rooms, pools, bars etc were well maintained and the cleanliness was exceptional. A big thank you to Josieana (apologies if the spelling is incorrect!!) who was working as a concierge and made our stay so much better by being the most helpful, wonderful lady!! Overall, our stay at the Intercontinental was great and we all agree that it was our best family holiday yet with all of us taking memories away that will stay with us forever!! If there is one criticism of the Intercontinental we found the menu in the restaurants to be quite restrictive and expensive when compared with local restaurants- after 3 or 4 days the menu was very repetitive but that is to be expected. I would recommend The Intercontinental Resort Moorea Island to anyone, we enjoyed our stay and I believe that there is value to be had comparative to other resorts in French Polynesia. Thanks for a memorable holiday, we will definitely be back!! A beautiful place with magnificent people and local cuisine, a pleasure!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia