InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa
  • Pool
$302
$252
  • Beachfront
Hotel Les Tipaniers(Moorea)(Great Value!)
$145
Hotel Kaveka(Maharepa)
$154
$123
  • Beachfront
Village Temanoha(Cook's Bay)(Great Value!)
$127
Green Lodge(Moorea)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
2,669 results
All reviewsswim up barbeach bungalowturtle sanctuaryour honeymoonfrench polynesiafishdolphin experiencedolphin centremain buildingdolphins and turtleslanai roomwelcome drinkmain beachlocal restaurantsconcierge staffgolf carttransit room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Since I was little I have wanted to visit the South Pacific and stay in a hut over the water. My wife and I recently did this in conjunction with the Paul Gauguin cruise. Our hut was a bit further away from the main hotel which gave a feeling of greater privacy. As snorkelers, we would rise each morning and explore the waters. Breakfast was amazing and dinners were great too. Be sure to visit the stingrays and black tip sharks on an excursion or by kayak if you prefer. Highlight for us was swimming with Humpback Whales. Bring your GoPro. Only negative was the cost to swim with the resort dolphins, about $500 per person. It felt like a rip-off and we declined. You can watch them from an adjacent dock as an alternative.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon G
Thierry B, Directeur général at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Jon,
Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you for this lovely comment.
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that we participated "a little" in this once in a lifetime experience ....
We hope to see you back one day.
Until then take care.
Best sunny regards,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights in a regular room rather than a bungalow, since we had many activities planned. It was a beautiful room with a small private patio. The customer service was the best I have ever experienced. Everyone was friendly and attentive; couldn't have asked for more. My husband was thankful for the high percentage of English speakers since I don't make a great interpreter! The restaurants had great food and the pools were more beautiful than the Intercontinental in Tahiti. Definitely a return destination.

Room Tip: Most of the bungalows were not that private so I was happy to stay in a regular room, which I felt offered more privacy at this particular resort.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
What beautiful comment!
Rest assured that I will pass your compliments at all staff.
It is always encouraging to hear that my staff is meeting expectations and I hope that you will keep memories of your visit to Moorea forever and ever.
Thanking you again for your stay.
Looking forward to welcome you one day.
Kind sunny regards,

Reviewed December 15, 2013

After a semi good night sleep at Tahiti airport motel, I got a cab for 2000 xpf and made it to a ferry. I picked up departure at 9:15 am and paid 3000 for a round trip. To my delight the ferry had a free wi-FI so I was able to check my emails. The trip was about 30 min. Upon arrival on Sunday, I saw a couple of buses lined up. I asked if they stop at Intercontinental, which they were. Make sure to ask a bus to wait for you until you pick up a luggage from the ferry. About 7 min wait. In the mean time I bought some fresh coconut and pineapple slices at about $2.50 each. The driver helped me with the luggage and the ride cost 300 or less then $4USD. He stopped briefly at 2 other hotels. There is only one road on the island. I doubt that taxi is more efficient. It is definitely more expensive (4500 xpf). The walk from bus stop to hotel was short 5 min. I had one suitcase with wheels so it worked. The hotel allowed me to check in at 11 am, which was very much appreciated. This was a stopover from New Zealand on the the way to LAX. I wish my package with Tahiti Nui air included all 3 nights in Moorea. Instead, I had 2 nights in Moorea and one night at IC in Tahiti. I tried to change and was going to purchase the ambassador club for upgrade. The room change and membership would come to $450. It was not worth it. If you buy a package from the airline, I would suggest to keep a lanai or garden room if this is included and then purchase an Ambassador club membership for $200 which would guarantee an upgrade plus free internet. I paid $300 for upgrade to overwater bungalow in US, but it did not come with free Internet. Now about the room. I got 503 and very happy with it. The room is very clean, had a large complimentary bottle of water and a beautiful view of lagoon. I am a swimmer, so for me this is ideal. I swam for about an hour around the property in a loop. The currents become stronger once you pass 600 bungalows and face an open water. The lagoon is very breezy. I do not need any air conditioner. The overwater platform has very comfortable lounge chairs and is shaded in the afternoon. As far as food, I was turned off by all the comments about expensive restaurant in IC. I walked across the street for lunch at Legends. You have to be in good shape to climb a steep road for about 15 min in a hot a humid climate but what a view! And the food was great, fresh, healthy and reasonable ($35 USD for seafood salad with veggies and a bier). I had a caesar salad with tuna and a glass of wine at hotel for dinner. All in was about $37. No view though. So far, so good.

Room Tip: 503, 502 are great. Nice lagoon and close to dolphins
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Olga P

Dear Olga,
Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you for your detailed review which surely will be valuable to many future visitors of Polynesia.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed the resort.
Hopefully see you again one day
Best regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We are currently at this hotel for four days as a "winding down" period from our 14 day Paul Gauguin cruise. We are in bungalow 317 on the beach. The hotel is excellent in terms of lobby quality and staff. The two infinity pools are fabulous. We had a couple of little lizards in our room to keep us company and eat any bugs that might have gotten the room. That was totally ok with us as they are harmless and prefer to stay off your radar screen.

My biggest complaint about this location is the restaurant. I ordered the crab risotto style gnocchi. When the plate was delivered alarms went off in my mind. The crab had the candy apple red color that generally means its "krab", not the genuine thing. I asked the waitress if the crab was fake crab. She smiled and said it is not real crab. To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement! She later said it was not fresh but rather frozen crab. I know what the color, flavor and texture of supermarket krab is, and this is what I was served. On the other hand the stir fry my husband ordered was to his satisfaction and he had no complaints at all. The dolphin and turtle centers on the property are kind of interesting and I think children would enjoy them.

• Stayed: December 2013
Thierry B, Directeur général at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for feedback.
I am happy to read that most aspects of your stay met your expectations and hope that your memories of your visit will stay with you forever.

Regarding the gnocchi dish, I can confirm that it is indeed frozen crab meat. Unfortunately we cannot easily find fresh crab in French Polynesia and we are thus obliged to use frozen products chosen for their high quality. The waitress therefore provided you a most honest answer.
We recieve many positive feedback regarding this dish and are sorry that it was not to your liking.

Thank you once again for your visit.

Hopefully see you again one day!

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Pluses
- Free kayak and snorkel gear rental
- Good location for snorkel and dive excursions - close to the stingrays and sharks
- Small store across the street that sells beverages and snacks at relatively reasonable prices (emphasis on small - it looks like it used to be much bigger at one point). They also offer excursions and will negotiate to lower prices compared to the Intercontinental.

Minuses
- There was a lizard waiting for us inside the room when we checked in.
- One of the robes had a red stain along the sleeve - we placed it on the floor and it was taken away but never replaced.
- The staff left us a dirty rag on the table one afternoon.
- The staff never replenished our toiletries.
- Expect a lot of noise in the overwater bungalows (not sure what it's like in other room types), as there are shutters on the windows but no glass. The birds and other creatures are very loud and festive at night.
- The AC unit is positioned such that there will be a draft right in your face the whole night as you sleep.

These may seem nitpicky but this is not what one expects to encounter at the Intercontinental. Quite disappointed with our stay. We met with other travellers who stayed at the HIlton and Sofitel and loved it so we'll be checking those out if we ever return to Moorea!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank emileeetravels
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear emileeetravels,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review make necessary improvements to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Despite your disappointment, we do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Joel B