We are currently at this hotel for four days as a "winding down" period from our 14 day Paul Gauguin cruise. We are in bungalow 317 on the beach. The hotel is excellent in terms of lobby quality and staff. The two infinity pools are fabulous. We had a couple of little lizards in our room to keep us company and eat any bugs that might have gotten the room. That was totally ok with us as they are harmless and prefer to stay off your radar screen.
My biggest complaint about this location is the restaurant. I ordered the crab risotto style gnocchi. When the plate was delivered alarms went off in my mind. The crab had the candy apple red color that generally means its "krab", not the genuine thing. I asked the waitress if the crab was fake crab. She smiled and said it is not real crab. To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement! She later said it was not fresh but rather frozen crab. I know what the color, flavor and texture of supermarket krab is, and this is what I was served. On the other hand the stir fry my husband ordered was to his satisfaction and he had no complaints at all. The dolphin and turtle centers on the property are kind of interesting and I think children would enjoy them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia