I just want to say that I have never reviewed a hotel with this high of remarks ever. My first review of a place where I did not have anything to complain about. This place has set the bar for all of my future hotel stays. I will try my best to hit every aspect of our stay.
1) Rooms: Our stay was split in a beach bungalow and an over the water bungalow. Both of these places were just so perfect. My first thanks is to the cleaning staff. Both places were spotless. You could eat off of the floors. The staff were very respectful of our privacy which we greatly appreciated. They always greeted us and they always had a smile on their faces. The views were to die for. The lounge chairs were so comfortable with their big red cushions. These places came with a great flat screen TV on a swivel, but we really didn't need a TV.
2) Platinum Ambassador: The only way to go at the InterContinental. If you do not know about Ambassador status you need to look into it. It is worth every penny.
3) Landscaping: This places is just unreal. My hats off to the landscaping crew. The vegetation is well manicured as if it was a display at a major botanical conservatory. I do not recall seeing on piece of trash anywhere on the property for the entire stay.
4)Food: The food is top notch. My wife can not stop talking about this Asian noodle dish that she had one night. Best part about eating here is the views. You always have a great view of the ocean, the pools, or the landscaping. The wait staff was really on it. Not one issue ever.
5) Front desk: We were treated with so much respect from all of the front desk staff. We were thanked for our loyalty as Platinum Ambassador when we arrived. We were offered a refreshing drink while we were being checked. Again, we never had one issue with the front desk staff. They were just awesome.
6) Bell hop: These guys were great. They took our bags and delivered us to our bungalow via golf carts. They were fast and friendly.
7) Pools: The pools were really cool. The one was an above ground stoned pool. A design that I had never seen before. The other pool was the infinity pool which was very refreshing. One day a waiter came past and offered a sampling of fresh cut pineapple. There were plenty of lounge chairs for everyone to use.
8) Kayak: The free 2 hours of kayak use is a great plus for this place. We never had to wait for the use of the kayak. The guy that issues the equipment was friendly and very funny at times.
I am sure that I have missed something here. I wish that I could name every person that made this trip what it was. My wife and I have wanted to go to the islands for the last 22 years and this was the year. It turned out to be everything that we had imagined and more. I even proposed to her again while I was there and we will be renewing our vows next year. A very special thank you to everyone at the InterContinental Resort and Spa Moorea
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia