This is our fourth trip to FP and first at the IC Moorea. If you want relative quiet, lush foliage, a neat turtle rescue center on property, tourist dolphins if you like that sort of thing, a great beach in on an island devoid of great beaches and lots of beach toys at your disposal you have arrived.
The resort has the standard fare of rooms, from hotel rooms to a few truly over water bungalows and sweet garden bungalows with plunge pools off your lanai. The two infinity pools were never full when we were there, one with a swim up bar.
Staff at this hotel are great. The concierge are their to help, not to sell. Ask them anything and you will probably be satisfied. Be sure to ask for restaurants that provide free pick up and return service as the hotel sits far away from the little communities with the best lcoal restaurants.
I have only one warning. Under no circumstances should you include the hot buffet breakfast (@ $45 USD when we were there) in your plans. We had been forewarned and opted for the a la carte. That gave us confirmation when we received a morning "deli" tray with frozen wedge style breakfast potatoes that had obviously been re-heated from the day before. If you like real coffee, bring your own. Our latte was hardly drinkable. This resulted in our choosing dedicated restaurants off property since they were offering pick up and return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia