4,124 results
All reviews crepe bar crepes panoramic overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon french polynesia plunge pool breakfast buffet sharks swim paddle boards arii vahine lilikoi main restaurant lower deck happy hour atv tour the activities desk
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We chose this hotel after our cruise because a friend said it had good snorkeling--and it did. It was nice to see the corals regenerating and the fish and other sea life were plentiful. The day-glo clams were something we hadn't seen before.

We stayed in a garden bungalow which had a tiny view of the ocean. It was comfortable and we slept very well. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again as they are much more reasonably priced than the over water bungalows.

The Creperie was nice for dinner--they even offer gluten-free crepes. It was fun to watch the fish and sharks during dinner. The Creperie staff were a little rude, however, even though I spoke to them in French.

One other downside was the chicken sandwich at the beach bar. It was inedible. On another day we ordered salads, which were huge and delicious.

The high point of our stay was the "sea scooter" snorkeling excursion with Moorea Sea Games. It was fantastic. We saw colonies of sea anemones, clown fish, puffer fish along and friendly sting rays who cuddled us with their wings. We could pet them. they were so friendly because our guide fed them fish at the end of the excursion.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Over water bungalow if you can afford it. Garden bungalow near beach was fine.
Date of stay: September 2019
Rose R, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Ia Orana, Dear anon03,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your feedback on the Tripadvisor Platform, and am really happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa.

Your comment is vitally important in our mission to deliver exceptional experiences for every guest, every time.

Also your comment would enable us to continually improve and exceed those standards.

I am glad you liked the location of the Resort and its snorkeling area that made your stay very pleasant, and will share this review with my Whole Team.

I am happy your stay was memorable, and I am happy to welcome you again with my Whole Team at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to sharing new memories.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed 4 nights. Would have been a WOW experience if hadn't visited Borabora first. If you are planning to visit Bora bora and Moorea- go to Moorea first.
We had adjoining rooms for our family of 4 which was very convenient. Situated closer to the road rather than beach. But roads were quiet in the night so noise didn't bother our sleep. Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean, water pressure was good. Beautifully maintained massive block of land. It was like walking in a village among little houses. We had a little pool at the back of both rooms. More like a sit and relax tub. Can't swim in it. Very calm and relaxing.
received a pile of cards at the reception for everything. Even for collecting beach towels and snorkels. Beach chairs under shades goes very quickly. If you like a little spot under a hut - go early and grab it. People hold it for the whole day. Some leave their towels and go away and come back at the end of the day.There was a hammock , towel and snorkel hire ( free), Canoe hire ( free) . Nice restaurant near the beach. Reasonable prices. Some staff could come across as couldn't be bothered. Food was nice. We shared some of the sandwiches and they were quite big. They separate the sandwich and chips in to 2 plates when sharing which was really nice. We ordered room service one night and it was very well packed and delivered . rooms were serviced 2 times a day which was really unnecessary. Any way that was the most inconsistent room service I've ever seen. Amenities were placed and replaced here and there that did not make sense. We called them when we needed something and they were very prompt and brought us more than enough. The thing is considering the caliber of the hotel we did not expect to make calls to get things.
Free water bottles were supplied during our stay and that was the high light for me. Little insects and ants were every where. Please take your mosquito replant, They have dengue fever in Tahiti islands.
Lagoon was nice but you can feel under currents. Water levels are very inconsistent.. If can, take your own snorkels. Hotel snorkels are not very clear and most of them were falling apart. You can see through water better than with snorkels.
We tried the crepe cafe. It was very pleasant. It was in the middle of over water bungalows. We saw many fish including sharks while eating.
Tried the happy hour and their mock tails were pretty good.
Reception was not that impressive. and concierge service varies on the person. If you book something please follow it up because everything we booked wasn't actually booked till we followed them up. We learned it the hard way after wasting our valuable holiday time waiting for something for hours not realizing concierge hadn't bothered to follow through our booking. We saw few other people were in the same boat as us. Reception does not communicate well or friendly or welcoming. They gave us someones else's bill and luckily we checked our bill on TV in the room. Yes you can do that. Their wifi is very good too. When we checked in we got the key but no instructions what so ever how to get there. We were about to walk out dragging our luggage when a golf cart came and receptionist came running to us to tell that we'll be escorted. When we were checking out we got shell necklaces. Would have been better to have them at the check in. We could have worn them during our stay. Best service we got from concierge was the last day- Confirming our previous day booking of the taxi to ferry port ( that they have't booked till we followed up) and another taxi to collect us from Tahiti ferry port. Girl at the concierge went above and beyond calling a taxi and asking us to wait for the confirmation. Then approached us and gave us all the info in details and what to expect. We needed a van for 4 people. We heard that there will be many taxis at the Tahiti Ferry port. But we didn't see any Taxi vans. We were so glad that we booked before hand. Taxi was waiting for us with our name right near the disembarking area. Driver helped us with the luggage as well. We went to Lilikoi garden cafe and had the best authentic Island food. So good. It was within walking distance from Hilton. If you walk past there was a little marina . You can sit on the rocks near the beach and watch the sunset. If you walk past the marina there is a small super market that you can get snacks and stuff. We got cheese and crackers. Went to Rudy's as well. Booked through Hotel. Van came to pick us up.Food was as same as Lilikoi with a higher price tag.
Booked and Island tour , jet ski and feed the stingray tour with the hotel.Please follow up if you book. We booked a spa treatment and it offered a heavenly head massage. Main reason I booked that was for the head massage but it was only a stroke here and a stroke there.Waste of money. So I wouldn't recommend their spa unless you are really in need of one.Moorea is a beautiful island. Over all we had a very relaxing holiday.

Room tip: Room away from main road?
Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank Chunty B

Ia Orana, Dear Chunty B,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your feedback on the Tripadvisor Platform, and your comment is enable us to to continually improve and exceed those standards.

For sure all the points you have outlined will be shared to my Whole Team, and your feedback is vitally important in our mission to deliver exceptional experiences, for every guest, every time.

I am really happy the Girl at the Concierge went beyond, and helped you in setting everything before then, and will have a special reward at her attention.

I am really happy to hear you had a pleasant stay by the end, and hopeful that you will afford us the opportunity to provide lodging services in the future.

My Team, and I, are really happy to welcome you again at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to sharing new memories.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Awesome, we had a panoramic overwater bungalow, #84. The room was great, first night the pillows were to hard, I had 2 soft pillows the next night. We faced the sunset off our deck, 6 sunsets in Moorea what can you say. The water was about 4-5 feet deep off the deck.We had fish all day, saw manta ray, spotted eagle ray swimming under our deck, we had a 6 feet eel, at night black tip sharks and ray, During the day we would have 2-3 foot fish go by. The restaurants were great, service was great. We did not have anything they could have improved on

Room tip: The farther out on the overwater the better
1  Thank Mike W

Ia Orana, Dear Mike W,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback on the Tripadvisor Platform, and am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa.

I am glad to share your review with my Whole Team, and reaching our Guests Satisfaction is our Satisfaction as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We loved our bungalow and with all of the coral in the lagoon, the snorkeling at our dock meant we didn't have to go anywhere for an amazing experience every day. The facilities were top notch. Only one minor complaint: other than the breakfast buffet (which was awesome), most other meals were only marginal. However, we ordered an anniversary dinner in our bungalow one night and it was PERFECT...wonderful service, great food, and our bungalow was beautifully decorated for the event. I highly recommend this special service, as well as the bungalow breakfast. Don't forget to have a massage/spa day...it was the best I've ever experienced; well worth the $$$.

Room tip: Choose an eastern bungalow with a view towards Cook's Bay.
Date of stay: August 2019
4  Thank MargaritaDoug

Ia Orana, Dear MargaritaDoug,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your feedback on the Tripadvisor Platform, I am really happy that your stay was joyfulness and relaxation.

I am pleased that you loved your Over the Water Bungalow, and will share with my whole Team for some other meals detail, for it is important to continually improve and exceed those standards.

Reading through your lines, Happiness is what came up to my mind, and am really happy to share this review with my Whole Team, and are really happy to Welcome you again at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to sharing new memories.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our 5 day stay at Hilton Moorea was fabulously wonderful. The facility was top quality and the staff were pleasant and helpful. We stayed in an over water bungalow which was our dream. It was everything we expected. Very comfortable bed, well furnished and soda, water, and beer included. The decor was very Polynesian. The over water deck was delightful and. Quiet place to read a book and get a tan. We snorkeled from our private platform and saw abundant fish and sea life. The weather was perfect even with a little rain now and then. This turned out to be a good time of year to visit. We highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TerrySold

Ia Orana, Dear TerrySold,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor Platform, and am happy that you have spent a pleasant stay at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa.

Really thankfull to the staff friendliness and helpfulness, that made you appreciate your stay, especially in the Over the Water Bungalow, where you could have swam directly from your sundeck.

I will share this review to my Whole Staff and am really sure it will be hearted for them to read your review. I wanted with my Whole Team to share a little bit of the Polynesian spirit during your stay, and wish it reached the goal.

My Team, and I , are happy to welcome you again at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa to sharing new memories.

Rose Richmond