3,821 results
All reviews crepe bar crepes overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon french polynesia plunge pool sharks swim paddle boats breakfast buffet arii vahine lilikoi panoramic view main restaurant lower deck atv tour happy hour
Reviewed May 7, 2015

This was a fantastic resort. The views were amazing and the lagoon was incredible. There were reefs all over the lagoon with a lot of fishes to entertain you. Everything was incredible, the staff, the bungalows, the views, the manicured grounds, the color of the water, and the location of the resort. It was in the center of the north side, where everything was relatively close by.

Thanks again to "pacific for less," for suggesting this hotel, and arranging our honeymoon in FP. The only thing we regret was not being able to stay longer. (also, they only had free wifi at the bar, which was very slow)

1  Thank 207PhilC
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2015

Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at our property.
So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality.
We thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2015

Just returned from Moorea and Bora Bora a few weeks ago and keep finding myself daydreaming about being back. We stayed 4 nights at the Hilton Moorea and loved every second of it. Highly recommended!! We booked our entire vacation through Custom Tahiti Travel (request Jackie!) and we are SO SO glad as they sure delivered and made this an incredible vacation for us. Booking through Custom Tahiti Travel made our entire vacation very effortless as they had all of our flights, transfers, hotels, and excursions all booked and paid for so all we had to think about was handing out out our vouchers which were provided to us by the local agent when we got off the plane in Tahiti. They granted every special request and answered ALL questions and gave us great recommendations. They requested the best overwater bungalows for us on both islands! Breakfast buffet was great. Only wish they served creamer instead of milk with the coffee. We ate most lunches off the hotel grounds, and had a couple of dinners at the crepe bar which was AMAZING. The hotel grounds are pristine and kept up. The concierge desk was always super helpful. Definitely recommend renting a moped and driving around the island. Thank you Custom Tahiti Travel and Hilton Moorea for such an incredible vacation!

Room Tip: We had room 71 - couldnt have asked for a better room.
4  Thank Kendall J

Dear Guests,
I am pleased to read your amazing review on your stay, and glad we exceeded your expectations.
I thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your time in French Polynesia.

Reviewed May 6, 2015 via mobile

I have stayed at many Hiltons and used to be a Hilton Diamond. I was so excited about this trip to beautiful Moorea, but the sad reality was the resort requires improvement to meet basic expectations. Like other guests have mentioned, there are a few minor changes that could be made to greatly improve the experience. Here were the basics where they missed the mark:

1. At check in, the only part of the reservation that was right was my name. They had information for a couple living in Spain. We live in the US. Disappointing that the welcome process was tarnished by this mistake, which took longer than I thought it would to resolve. When we finally got to our room, there were some wash cloths with flowers on them. I guess nobody checked the inside of the flowers to see the 100 or more ants that ended up crawling all over the towels and the counters in the bathroom. Yuck!

2. They say they have free wi-fi in the lounge. After several attempts trying to log on, we found the router. If you stand within a few feet of the router, it might work. Disappointing that free wi-fi was so spotty and inconsistent that We could not rely on it. Also, if you try to pay for wi-fi in your room and you did not bring a converter, the only switch that supports the router is also the only one that works to charge a device, so you can't use the web and charge that device.

3. On a positive note, the crepes are really amazing and we loved them. The chef there was super wonderful and accommodating to special requests. However, they have three white wines on the menu. I selected one and they didn't have it. I selected another and they didn't have it, so I was left with the third option that I didn't really want. If the wine is on the menu, I would expect that you would have at least 2 of 3 in stock, especially since this is supposedly a 5 star resort.

4. The restaurant hours are strict. If you are hungry because you flew thousands of miles to get to the resort and you want to eat dinner at 5pm, forget it! Wait until 6:30 when the restaurants open. We noticed a lot of other guests being shuffled into the happy hour bar where their 2 for 1 rum drink special applies. The bar is so incredibly understaffed and rum drinks are very slow to make to begin with. It is almost cruel that the 1 bartender had to make all of these drinks for guests that may have preferred eating. Why can't one of the restaurants open earlier? Most guests are on a time change.

5. We wanted to take advantage of the incredibly beautiful setting and wanted to use stand up paddleboards. To echo comments of others, the pool guy has way too many responsibilities. Hire another person or two! The poor guy drug two paddleboards all the way down to the beach only to then discover that one paddle was missing and one of the boards didn't have a leash. Somebody should maintain the equipment and judging from the 5 jobs Pool Guy has, it isn't fair to ask him to do this too. We couldn't go paddle boarding, so we went kayaking. It was still super gorgeous and lovely to be in such a magical place, just sad for the Pool Guy (who seemed very nice, but quite stressed and overwhelmed by also having to speak English - not his fault).

6. We had a garden bungalow with a plunge pool. Along the theme of maintenance, fix the tiles! The majority of the tiles on the first stair were missing. We didn't end up going on because it appeared to be in disrepair.

7. We used the air conditioner at night. On multiple occasions, the air conditioner made noises so loud that it woke us up. I have no idea what was wrong with it, but again, maintenance was needed. We turned it off and used the fan. We would have preferred the AC.

I am so sad for the Hilton Moorea. Please hire more people so your staff is not so overwhelmed that they are not able to meet the needs of the guests. Please hire somebody that oversees general maintenance and make a few investments to get back to average. Please open a restaurant for dinner at 5pm so that we are not irritable guests when 6:30 finally rolls around.

I really hope improvements can be made because the physical location of the resort is just wonderful and there is so much potential for Hilton to make more money by marketing activities a little better.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
10  Thank kimmiechong3151

Dear Guests,
I thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us, appreciated in order to share those for corrective actions.
I am sorry to read on your disappointment but I hope you will restore your faith in us by choosing to come back to the Hilton Family.
Again we thank you for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa.

Reviewed May 2, 2015

Wonderful hotel. Nice to have someone to take you through all that is available and explain everything. Facilities and hotel rooms like new. We had a garden Bungalow with plunge pool.
Beach excellent. Reef snorkeling excellent. Equipment excellent. (snorkel gear, canoes etc).
Staff excellent. Food was excellent. Wednesdays and Saturdays something special on like dancing and buffet, which was was massive!
Over water bungalows had water access which is essential.
Crepes with the sharks swimming underneath the dinning area a must.
Free WiFi public area...a must nowadays.
Overall excellent. Only one minor point to fault and that was the plunge pool had a ripped bottom and some tiles loose.
Had a wonderful time...well done the Hilton.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
1  Thank Dunk893

Dear Guests,
I am very pleased to read your nice words on your recent stay with us.
I do appreciate your comments and will share those with the team.
We thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays in French Polynesia.

Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

We are only 3 days In to our honeymoon here and already have been talking about other holidays we could have gone on rather than spending so much to come here.

We booked a garden pool bungalow for 10 nights way in advance and off the basis that this hotel was rated #1 on Trip Advisor for Moorea. In all My travels I have relied on trip advisor and it's always been accurate- except this time, and it's pretty disappointing when you get it wrong on your honeymoon.

After looking forward to this trip for months, we arrived and were pretty disappointed overall. I have stayed at resorts which aren't even #1 on other Islands such as Bali and Maui, and this is by far the worst one.
Note that on all my reviews on trip advisor I have not once felt compelled to give a negative review, but we are so disappointed overall with this place that I felt I must give feedback so other couples do not fall in to the same trap.

I notice another recent review by honeymooners said very similar things to what we are thinking - as they said, when you pay this much money for a hotel you expect it to live up to the standard of the best of the island; otherwise next time you would just pay the extra and go stay at four seasons or st Regis on bora bora where you actually know what you will get.

They also said (and we had exactly the same experience) that it was disappointing there was no recognition on arrival of us being on honeymoon, despite this clearly being noted in all the paperwork. Our travel agent made sure to advise the hotel of this when booking for us. It took us asking them about this and then they did then give us a bottle of champagne, but it certainly wasn't the arrival we were expecting.

This hotel is definitely not a 5 star hotel as it proclaims.
- it is severely understaffed. The same guy at the towel shed by the pool is also running around delivering food and drinks that people have ordered at the bar. At the Eimeo bar, during happy hour yesterday when the bar is full, one lady was making all the drinks, while there was one lady running around serving all the tables indoors and outdoors. We had to wait at least 10 minutes just to see a menu.
- service is poor- as a result of the understaffing and just the general lack of service culture. Several examples of this are we had to ask Three times on our first day here for a beach towel so we could swim. The man told us to sit on chairs and said he would bring us some but he didn't. We waited over an hour. So on the 3rd time I stood for 20 minutes at the counter just waiting, because if I didn't take matters into my own hands I don't know when we would be served. I was furious. Not really a nice start to the first day of our honeymoon and DEFINITELY not 5 star service. It seems this is not the staff members fault as the whole pool area had only ONE staff member,
But this should not be the problem of guests.
When we had dinner last night at the new tapas bar, we were seated right in the corner even though there were other free tables available and it was later in the night. We waited an hour for our first tapas dish to come out, despite half the restaurant being empty and nearly all the tables finished eating at this point, so I don't know what took so long. When we finally got the 2 prawns in our first tapas dish they were cold. Very substandard service.
- no poolside service - this isn't something that makes or breaks a stay, but at other 5 star hotels I have stayed at (actually even 4 star) they have dedicated service at the pool where they bring you menus, take your orders and bring you food and drinks. At this resort, you have to self serve yourself by ordering at the restaurant, and then the one poor staff member running the whole pool area will come bring it to you. It's just really not the service level you get with a purported 5 star resort.
- once you are unhappy with the place you start to notice the little things you would ordinarily not notice.
Like the weeds around the pool area reflecting the resort is not really maintained like a true 5 star resort.
And the linen- our room towels are so thin and worn, not what you usually get at a 5 star hotel where you expect nice plush towels? Honestly my towels at home are way better. And we have stayed at the Hilton in Sydney twice and it did NOT have linen like that.
- apart from that I agree with all the general comments by other guests, particularly how the food is so over priced and very average. We spent around $75 last night on 4 tapas, a bottle of water and a coke and walked away hungry. The breakfast is average and nothing special compared to the other resorts we have stayed at and the other Hilton hotel we have visited (Sydney).
the exception to this is the crepe restaurant which had delicious food and wonderful service.

Overall we are very disappointed and don't know how this resort is rated #1 on the island. It is not worth the premium on other hotels on the island. I definitely would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
17  Thank amd_05

Dear Guests,
I am really sorry to read your stay ended up as a disappointment, and I have taken good notes of your comments.
I will address those issues you mentioned personally to the persons concerned and please accept our apologies, hoping you will restore your faith in us.