3,821 results
All reviews crepe bar crepes overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon french polynesia plunge pool sharks swim paddle boats breakfast buffet arii vahine lilikoi panoramic view main restaurant lower deck atv tour happy hour
Reviewed January 3, 2015

Loved our time on Moorea, the Hilton's staff are very accommodating and helpful, and patient (we knew little to no French). The rooms are lovely as are the grounds. Be prepared with bug spray and sun block - incredibly intense sun, but the water is divine. Also, don't forget to take a European power adaptor - we didn't and thank goodness for a helpful man who gave us one at the Vodafone store on the mainland. Our room could have done with some minor maintenance, but otherwise highly recommend the resort!

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Jaden W
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2015

Dear Guests

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

We thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays in French Polynesia.

Reviewed January 2, 2015

We went to this resort in mid April and simply loved it. I think I personally enjoyed here more than in Hilton Bora Bora. Bora Bora was more relaxing stay whereas you have more things to do in Moorea. When it comes to resort....this resort was gorgeous with great service. We used restaurants for breakfasts and dinners. We also used spa here.

Let's start with the beginning.

1. Took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. It was close to $40-60 one way (not remember exactly but was not too expensive).
2. Was offered a cocktail/drink when waiting in the lobby to check-in. Reception area was busy because a lot of people checking in at that time.
3. Used concierge and they were very very friendly people. They guided us what to see where to go, etc.
4. Asked for a particular room via email and they had reserved that room for us (46). I chose Deluxe Garden Bungalow with Pool because we were staying at OWB in Bora Bora. The best decision ever....having a private pool in your room is the best thing ever. Also room no. 46 had an ocean view as well so best of both world.
5. Bungalow was fantastic. Bathroom was lovely and I would say smaller but better than Hilton Bora Bora. Room was nothing extra ordinary, a bed, tv, lamps, etc.
6. Because I am Hilton Honors Diamond member, I got complementary breakfast. Breakfast was fantastic, I liked this resort's breakfast better than Bora Bora Hilton. Try to go early so that you can get balcony table because the view is phenomenal. Even if you have to pay, paying for breakfast is worth it. I think it was close to $40 or $50 per person per day but worth it in my opinion.
7. Tried the same restaurant (breakfast one) for dinners as well. Definitely try Black Pearl dessert. Delicious and more than that for experience.
8. Spa. Wife forced me to go for a couple's massage and have to admit it was pretty relaxing and in the middle I slept :)

Now about the food and the island. If you have a motorcycle license here in the US then you can ride a scooter bike in Moorea. The rental place person will bring the scooter to the resort and pick it up after 24 or 48 hours depending upon your rental period. This was worth the experience, please rent the scooter and not a car if you can ride a 2 wheeler. Most of the restaurants in Moorea will either drop the food in your bungalow or come to pick you up and drop you off to/fro their restaurants without any charges. We ordered a pizza once and this was the cheapest meal in Moorea for us. I am assuming the pizza was good but the lady took an hour to drop it off to our room and it became cold and we didn't enjoy that much.

Beaches - there are other beaches on the island but I think this resort has pretty good beach so I would stick to resort beach.

City/stores - nothing walking distance from the resort so you need a scooter or a car to drive or a taxi. Taxi all the time could be expensive so would suggest renting a car or scooter for a day or two to go to the city, tour, and island drive.

If you really want to stay in the city and walking distance from everything then you better chose Pearl Resorts. My brother-in-law stayed there and liked it. That resort is cheaper as well. I am a loyal Hilton so I didn't even have to think twice but it is a personal choice.

Room Tip: I loved my room 46. It is a Deluxe Garden Bungalow with Pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Mr_AK_82
kpeyras, Directeur général at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2015

Dear Guests,

We thank you for your nice comments on your stay and for recommending our property.
So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

The team and I thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your holidays in French Polynesia.

Reviewed January 2, 2015

Stayed for five nights and cannot fault the hotel itself. Had a standard plunge pool room which was immaculate. Yes as mentioned there were a few tiles missing from the pool but that is really the only possible issue I could find with the room itself.
Staff were lovely, food was lovely and the conceirge and activity desk were brilliant - nothing was too much trouble.
For me what stopped the hotel was being perfect was that the hotel had a slightly generic 'you could be anywhere' feel to it. Although maybe that is to be expected with a Hilton.
I also felt there were too many water villas. They obscured a lot of the lagoon and ruined the view from the beach. Also the lagoon itself was a bit disappointing only one colour and looked nowhere near as beautiful as it did on other parts of the island - oh those first world problems....... It's redeeming feature however was that it did offer some snorkelling.

Stayed: December 2014

Dear Guests,

Thanks for your comments about your recent stay with us.
I will let the team know that they helped you have a great experience with us.

Reviewed January 1, 2015 via mobile

Amazing location, beautiful lagoon and modern bungalows in pristine condition. We stayed in an over water bungalow with the best view the resort had to offer. We spent our entire time in the resort and enjoyed snorkelling, kayaking and paddle boarding in the lagoon. Plenty of reef fish and water is crystal clear in the lagoon. Food was delicious and staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back for another holiday here.

Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rupyj2014

Dear Guests,

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. So glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed January 1, 2015

Stayed over Christmas break with family including 2 teenagers. Got amazing deal via Travelocity with Bungalows over the water, which is a must! If you are going to travel that far stay in bungalow you'll want breezes off water trust me! Also with it being rainy season we did see lots rain here and there but for the 10 days only 2 rained all day. Sun super strong since it's their summer so use max sunscreen if you want to stay out all day. Staff at a hilton very friendly. Food options could be improved during daytime but many near by restaurants will pick you up and drop off for free which is added bonus. Because rainy season lots misquotes and Chikungunya- Lindsay Lohan got it in Bora Bora!
Amazing day trip on Dream Yacht Moorea- private speed boat picks you up at hotel dock, first couple hours swim with sharks and play with sting rays! After speed boat around island you then go on beautiful catamaran where you sail for another couple hours and they provide food and drinks! They also take pics and email them to you for free! We've been on many excursions and this one was in our top two.
Overall, Hilton is best place to stay better lagoon than other hotels with lots to see plus great wifi. Just beautiful!!!

Room Tip: Get overwater bungalow!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank beth012015

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay here at our property!
So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality.

The team and I thank you again for choosing the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa for your Christmas holidays in French Polynesia.