“Lunch with love and spirit”

Lilikoi Garden Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Papetoai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our polynesian "roulotte"! In the shade of our coconut grove you will find home made delicacies to enjoy in our garden or to take away to the beach. Open Monday to Saturday from 12pm to 3pm . You will also discover a tiny shop in a gypsy caravan My Little Coconut Shop with local art craft. Come and ENJOY my cuisine, I use fresh local produce and make fresh ice cream and cake everyday. My receipes are a mix of french, japanese and american influences. See you soon at Lilikoi!!!
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Laurence, visionary and head chef at Lilikoi Garden Café, one of Moore's local treasures. She and her crew did ALL the catering for our (100 person!) wedding on Moorea, including both a welcoming dinner and an amazing tasting menu brunch on a remote property location. Laurence approached the whole thing with so much grace and humor, not a note of hesitance, despite the notable challenge. We couldn't have been more touched to share this special time with her. Guests were all blown away by the delicious cuisine--original chocolate cake and home made coconut ice cream, unforgettable shrimp salad, a number of unique poison cru (passion fruit poison cru highly recommended! Get it!), Laurence's grandmother's duck confit recipe, and more... Lilikoi Café is the creation of a true artist. There are many hotels on Moorea that miss out on the opportunity to serve more locally influenced Tahitian-French fusions. We highly recommend taking a trip to Lilikoi Garden Café for a true local experience. Having a wedding? Well, you know who to call ;)

Date of visit: April 2015
mozgap, Propriétaire at Lilikoi Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2015

Thank you Maya and Stefano for your beautifull message, I was so happy to meet you and your family. Your wedding was The wedding of the year!! can't wait to see the pictures!!
Lilikoi Garden Café special page for catering is under Coconut Café Traiteur on facebook for those who are getting married on Moorea...
See you soon!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2015 via mobile

We LOVED it here.
Food? Simple flavours combined with real talent equalling amazing results. Goats cheese and honey panini was lovely. And the daily home made desserts were incredible.
Setting? Beautiful, amongst their own beautiful garden, where a lot of their ingredients originate.
Staff? Lovely. Just lovely. They are so friendly, and great sources of information about moorea.

We recommended this place to everyone we saw. Anybody who thinks a burger from the hilton is a better option than this is missing the point. Walk the 100metres and find food that is a quarter of the price, but 4times better.

Thank you so much for your Go there just go message!!! A lot of people are reading your message and they love the panini with goat cheese tomatoes and Moorea's honey!!
I'm sure I'll see you again in Moorea!!!

Sunny regards,

Laurence

Reviewed April 2, 2015

We were staying at the Hilton and wanted to get off the property for lunch and dinner. The Lilikoi is just ½ km up the road (turn right on the main road as you exit the resort and look for the sign on the other side of the street) and is just lovely. Offerings include fresh juices and smoothies, tapas, panini, casse-croute, homemade ice creams (passion, mango, banana) and free WiFi. Run from a small food truck in her garden, we watched the chef pick the basil for our delicious tuna tartar with pineapple and pesto.

Date of visit: March 2015

Thank you for your nice message, I'm sure you had a great time in Moorea!!
The basil and tomatoes are doing good!!!
Sunny regards from Lilikoi!!!

Reviewed February 1, 2015

First, I want to say that I admire anyone who is a self starter because I know the work it takes to have your own business. I don't blame the young owner but I can't figure out the raving reviews. The restaurant is about 5-10 minute walk from the Hilton. We almost missed the entrance because it's down a short grass lane (we kept looking around because it was obviously someone's home). Then we were greeted by 2 rambunctious dogs that kept jumping on me and scratched my leg. We had to use our umbrella to get them to go away. We were still thinking we were in the wrong place then we saw some plastic tables in the back yard of the home with a food truck type set up. The seating has no ambience or view of anything other than the house. We were very uncomfortable with the whole set up and left. The menu did offer very cheap sandwiches but we thought that a splitting a pizza or burger platter at the Hilton may be a better bet.

Date of visit: January 2015
mozgap, Propriétaire at Lilikoi Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2015

I like my café like it is: simple with great fresh food, sorry if it did not pleased you.
Sorry if you met our puppies they are now big enough to be attached during services.
Some people will always prefer the Hilton food, no problem with that there is place for all different choices!!

Reviewed February 1, 2015

Laurence is a very nice welcoming person and she does great cooking. A must to visit her "roulotte". However, make sure to plan a visit only when there is good weather.

Date of visit: January 2015

Yes good weather is much better than rain at Lilikoi!!!
Thank you for your message!!