“Yummy Crepes”

Toatea Creperie & Bar
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Papetoai
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Built over a natural aquarium, the Toatea Restaurant & Bar appears to float on water and offers sweeping views over the lagoon and Moorea's majestic peaks. The Toatea features a la carte menu of Brittany Crepes. The only overwater Restaurant & Bar in French Polynesia. Open every evenings.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I like to eat here and enjoy sitting outside and watching the blacktip reef sharks swim by under the lit walkway. The sharks are fed scraps...so they swim around while the restaurant is open at night. I recommend the Fenua (dinner crepe). While this crepe is vegetarian and I am a carnivore, it is quite tasty, and my favorite one on the menu. The head chef, Claude Gerard, is very friendly. I also like the dessert crepe with apples, calvados, and ice cream. I have been to Moorea three times and have eaten here several times each trip.

There are newer reviews for Toatea Creperie & Bar

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The crepe place at the Hilton Moorea had a very nice selection of vegetarian crepes in a country where getting anything vegetarian is difficult. They even customized our order by asking what we wanted even though it wasn't on the menu. As long as they had the filling, they could make it. The sweet crepes, especially the Normand and Caramel were the best. The side attraction were the sharks that get fed every so often.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is a great place to grab a nice (and affordable!) meal at the Hilton Moorea.

There is a huge variety of crepes available (I went with the Indienne which is a coconut milk curry with chicken), all of them are delicious, and the atmosphere is lively. The food here is affordable compared to the rest of the resort and you get to see the black tipped sharks swim in the lagoon underneath you while you eat! (should you choose to).

Highly recommend it if you are staying at the Hilton Moorea and even if you're not!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

People raved about the crepes on here but I had better crepes at the roulottes. They feed the sharks which is good and bad. It's cool to see them while you eat and the ambiance is wonderful sitting at a table for two on the edge looking down. However, there is a part of me that thinks it's not such a great idea to feed them. While the waitress was extremely lovely at the crepe restaurant, we were the first ones at the restaurant but at least half the other tables were served before us. They also flipped both our salt and sweet crepe orders among us. This wasn't such a big deal with dinner as my husband and I could switch plates but at dessert mine was supposed to have rum torched on top. That would have been great on the right crepe but didn't go so well with the cinnamon apple one :-( They have some glitches they need worked out here and adding a waitress might help. Also they need to get their hours straight. Everyone you asked, including online, had a different starting time and most of 'em were wrong. We had to wait over an hour (I believe 90 minutes) for the restaurant to open from it's online posted time and an hour from the time we heard at reception.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place is really cute, its right in the middle of all the overwater bungalows. Its a great place to watch the fish and little sharks swim around. My husband and I just went for dessert crepes two different nights and they were awesome! I would definitely recommend this place to others.