“Tranquil hillside walk”

Ellis Brook Valley Reserve
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Gosnells
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I took my three granddaughtes to Ellis Brook Reserve, they loved wandering around the bush, looking at the wildflowers. The 60ft waterfall was overflowing, but too hard a climb for young ones. I went to Ellis Brook a few years ago, so noticed the huge changes that have been done to restore the area from what was a derelect old quarry. Great place for a picnic and only 5 minutes of the Tonkin Highway. A well kept secret in Gosnells Western Australia

4  Thank perthgypsy_10
There are newer reviews for Ellis Brook Valley Reserve

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Great pic-nic spot surrounded by wilderness and so peaceful but at least 8 car bays were scattered with broken remains of shattered windows .Why doesn't anyone clean up the mess so that nature loving people can enjoy the Perth's Hills without fear of loosing their belongings and going home with no windows at all!!??
Which is the Council responsible for that area? Well please wake up anjd do your duty for the sake of us people living Western Australia and for the tourists !

4  Thank Joondalupsunshine
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This place is beautiful, however supplies NO security for your cars. When we rocked up we noted a few broken windows on the ground in the carpark, we thought nothing of it. (perhaps a few kids at a one-time spate) however, after walking for an hour and a half, we came back to our car to find the same fate. Our window was smashed in and our posessions rumaged through! NOT happy! called the Gosnells police, they didn't care! Would NOT go back there!

6  Thank Gina F
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I had made a request of my daughter that I wanted to see some wild flowers that WA is famous for in spring when my husband and I visited her. After doing her homework she decided to take us to reserve, which is about 25 minutes south of Perth.

There are a couple of places that you can stop and picnic at in the reserve and Ellis Brooks runs through it. We were lucky that there had been some rain in the days before our visit so the brook had just the right amount of water running through it. Not sure how it would be at other times of the year.

We drove right to the end of the road and decided to walk the round circuit which took us around the quarry, up to the top of it and and down the other side. On the way there are some seats where you can rest up if you need to. The track is rough and not recommended for those with bad knees and ankles.

However we did enjoy the walk (I wouldn’t recommend doing it during the hot months of the year) and saw some wild flowers on the way. There is also a 60 ft waterfall that can be viewed along the way. Signposting is not very good, but once on the path it can be easily followed.

Our daughter was quite happy she had found the place and is thinking of going back their one weekend with her friends for a game of cricket and then a cool down by sitting in the cool waters of the brook.

A hidden gem so close to Perth city.

3  Thank JAC4880