Brimnes Hotel & Cabins
Siglo Hotel(Siglufjordur)
$238
$218
Hotel Nordurland by Keahotels(Akureyri)(Great Value!)
$132
$115
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ibudir(Akureyri)
$116
$101
Icelandair Hotel Akureyri(Akureyri)(Great Value!)
$145
Siglunes Guesthouse(Siglufjordur)
Hotels.com
Hotel Akureyri(Akureyri)
Hotels.com
All reviewshot tubsmall cabinthe kitchennorthern lightsgreat cabinski touringthree bedroomone nightsmall townlog cabinthe main hotelnorthern icelandwhale watching tripsurrounded by mountainsfree coffeestunning locationroad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I spent 4 nights in one of the cabins and I couldn't be happier. It was very cosy and clean. The outside hot tub was an amazing place to come back to after spending the day outdoors, hiking and snowboarding. The cabin had a great view of the mountains and the lake scenery. There's plenty to do and hotel staff is very helpful with any activities you might want to do. This was my third stay at the hotel, and I'll be definitely coming back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Brimnes Hotel a, Manager at Brimnes Hotel & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

I can't stress how good it feels to see happy customers return with a smile on their face. We embrace it. Always welcome back!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The cabins of Brimnes hotel is a really good choice for families or couples. Selfcatering, no luxury but everything you need plus a hotpot on the veranda! Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was above average in Icelandic hotels but I did not have other meals at the restaurant there. Located by a quiet lake,the scenery is wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gudrunbach
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Steve Mason, (Fishing Guide, ) and My son and I stayed for a week in June 2012,were in on of the the 3 bed chalet, We were on a fishing trip and used the cottage as a base, found them to be excellent base in lovely location,Scenery fantastic,the small boat was not in dock beside hut which was unusual I was told. Son for a bet caught a fish whilst in the hot tub.
Hot tub on edge of lake was a godsend after a long session angling. Cooked a few meals(fish and veg ect).
No real night but windows easily blacked out, clean warm, and convenient to Lake and Harbor.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed in their mid-sized bungalows for a night and enjoyed my stay. The hotel owner was extremely bubbly and helpful, and the scenery all around is fantastic as one would expect from Olafsfjordur. The mid-sized bungalow has three rooms-- a bedroom, kitchen and toilet, all of which comes with separate heaters which is useful since it gets really cold at night. The rooms are small but not uncomfortably so. The mid-sized and large bungalows come with a well equipped kitchen. My kitchen was furnished with plenty of cooking and eating utensils which I did not expect, and a small fridge. Toilets were small but functional. I only wished there was wifi within the bungalow. I had to go to the main hotel reception area to get free wifi. I would recommend staying here(there's only one other hotel/hostel to stay if I'm not wrong) for its scenic location and utter tranquility.

Room Tip: For those who are self-catering, be sure to book the mid-sized and large bungalows. The small ones does not have a kitchen.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Marmottalotte
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The medium cabin is great, comfortable beds, good size rooms, hot tub on the balcony is where we spent all our time watching the snow falling on the mountains and the lake. The lady who dealt with us (Asta i think) was very friendly and she offered us some kayaks to go out on the lake. BBQ also available to use on the veranda. Very enjoyable stay, would love to return some day!

Room Tip: Medium cabins are great
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends