“Just Perfect!”
Review of The New Swan Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ystalyfera
The New Swan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Ystalyfera B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2013

As for many other guests I was attending the off road enduro course (which by the way is awesome too!). Gareth is a symbol of the Welsh hospitality. Two examples? Well, the evening before the 1st day of riding, we compared Welsh and French drinking habits. Thanks for the massive breakfast the next morning to steady my riding (the instructors did not notice anything! lol)
2nd example? Gareth let me even use his own shower as the hotel was booked up before I left after another day of mud riding!). The train passengers had no idea how grateful they should be to him!

OK, on a more serious note for those readers looking for factual information: the hotel is very well maintained, and perfect for a base to explore the area. Whether you ride a motorbike or not - do not think this is for bikers only!

In short - do not hesitate.

NB: oh, and if you want some World Rally style cab driver experience? Ask for Tony - I am not sure he makes any difference between riding his cab and is super bike! But he'll get you anywhere in no time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The New Swan Hotel

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very good value steak, very tasty, done as I asked, served with really tasty chips, onion rings, mushrooms and salad, all by friendly, efficient staff, in a cool and friendly atmosphere. A decent range of beers, especially Welsh bottled beers, and clean facilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GreyWelshWolf
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Gareth and his team looked after me very well when I stayed at The New Swan Hotel on a business trip. The breakfast is hearty and I even had to ask for a reduced version. The rooms were clean and quite a good size, and each has a desk space and a chair. The shower is nice and powerful. The rates were reasonable and I stayed there again a few weeks later.

The first time I turned up on a motorbike and Gareth, who is a biker himself, has a back yard set up securely for a few motorbikes. There is also plenty of space to sit out in the beer garden and in the evenings the bar is frequented by locals and the atmosphere is very friendly. One evening one of the locals offered to lead me on a ride out around Brecon Beacons. It was a great route with some amazing views.

The hotel is just a few minutes walk from a large supermarket and petrol station, and not far from walking trails. There's a bust stop to and from Swansea right outside and a kiosk that sells delicious ice-cream.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Alec T
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

4 of us from Yorkshire stopped here to visit family and its our 2nd visit. Just like the 1st we have no complaints and will be our chosen place to stay on next trip. Rooms are clean and well equipped. Breakfast is very good, the overall service is top notch with nothing too much trouble. If u looking for a change from the chain hotels then look no further.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank andynYorkshire
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife was attending the BMW Motorrad OffRoad Skills course. The New Swan is literally 500 metres from where you meet up with the instructors so we chose it for our visit.

We stayed 3 nights out the back in the "Cottage". This room is designed for couples who need a little bit of privacy and a bit more space to move. If you are a biking couple then it is the perfect place since you can park your bike out the front of your room and there is plenty of space for your kit.

Breakfast is great, the service is great, the staff are warm and friendly, very helpful sorting out anything you may need or need to know.

I think the New Swan is one of those places in the older style of guest house where you are treated like one of the family and given a genuine welcome when they see you.

I think we may return to this place sine we felt so comfortable

Room Tip: Room 8 - The Cottage is the place to get if you want a bit of privacy or a bit more quiet. Excellent...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here at Easter to do the BMW OffRoad skills course based very close by. Rooms were clean and a good breakfast. Staff were happy to help with any questions I had and Gareth works hard to provide the extras like secure parking that make travelling on a bike easier.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BryanD45
Reviewed March 19, 2013

An excellent place to stay for bikers, contractors,business people, and families. I met all the above during my week stay and riding the roads in the south Wales valleys and thoroughly enjoyed, especially the live music on the weekend. I found all the staff to be very polite and welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank VFR1200rider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ystalyfera
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ystradgynlais
Pentre Riding Stables
Pentre Riding Stables
#2 of 3 in Penycae

Been to The New Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!