Review Highlights
Good wine and tapas and excellent value.

Reviewed November 26, 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2017
Alanandmichala
Belper, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2019

Have visited on a couple of occasions as friends have recommended it a lot. Have always had to wait a strangely long time for my drinks. Not sure whether it's because of how I look or just bad luck, but I've voted with my feet and won't visit again if I can help it.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

We are not football supporters so were initially put off visiting this place. However after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to give it a try
The lady owner was friendly and helpful and catered well for my gluten-free requirement.
I would recommend sitting outside if you don’t want to watch football on the big screen inside. The downside is that people smoke outside even at the tables in the awning. The plastic chairs are not comfortable but on balance this place is worth a try as the wine and (free) tapas are good.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been coming here for 3 years but never ventured inside. What have we been missing? Tapas are amazing. The owners are chatty and enjoy a bit of banter... especially when one of the group is drinking AGUA! (I know, right?)

We picked a night when Barcelona were playing and it was mobbed! The locals are so friendly and after a couple of cerveza I plucked up the courage to conversate... I got as far as “¿muy ocupado si?” Apparently it always is when football is on.

My husband is saying “Stop writing such good reviews else everyone will start going!”

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

A friendly family run bar with a sporting theme, leaning towards football as the bar name suggests, there is tapas and a la carte, the food is very good and not expensive, brilliant atmosphere with lots of cheering and banter when football is on, there is a area outside to eat and drink if football isn't your thing, where you can just sit and watch the world go by. Give it a try if you are in the village.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Many of the bars in Velez offer a very similar menu. For the size of the bar from the outside it has a very extensive menu. Tables in the summer spill out into the square making it a great family venue late into the night. From time to time there are live bands on the square to add to the atmosphere. The tapas is excellent and the owner even popped out on our last visit for a chat and a glass of liquor for us all. The prices across the town are very reasonable. It hard to chose a favourite as each bar has its own unique feel but I do love this place.

Date of experience: July 2017