Tripadvisor

“Morning coffee”
Review of Los Carmenes

Los Carmenes
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great service fresh coffees to chose from. Friendly bar very.clean fresh excellent tapas given. They have outside heater for those cold days

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed November 6, 2019

Beer and wine are fine. A tapa is provided with each beverage (usually, but not always). I had a couple of dinners here - nothing spectacular, but quite reasonable, and quite cheap.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2018

We stayed in this lovely little town for a walk and often visited this excellent little restaurant for coffee, lunch, dinner or just for drinks. The srvuce was friendly and the kind owner always remembered that I require gluten-free food. He brought me a variety of tasty tapas each time we visited. In this area you get free tapas every time you order a drink. If you order a coffee then you get a biscuit or a wee muffin. Our bill for 9 drinks and 9 tapas was only 22.5 euros! A bargain and good fun too!
We would definite recommend this gem of a place.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed June 29, 2018

This is a very good place for a drink and food in Velez. It is full of locals which is a good sign . The owner is friendly and helpful and the food is very good. My tuna salad was very large and tasty. There is regular delicious tapas. We look forward to returning!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018

The place is full of the locals either with their children or mums and dads and friends ,the owner is attentive and friendly and free tapas with all our drinks .My wife and I felt relaxed and took in the local atmosphere .It's nice and clean the toilets are at the back and okay ,if you want a cigarette sit under the awning at the front it's okay .The tapas are okay so if you drink enough you won't need to have a meal . ( Drink sensibly! ! I don't ) I eat the tapas.Bye for now .Oh Granda great as well .Just remembered it's got wife the owner will put on for you .

Date of visit: March 2018