“The B & B to choose in Bellac”
Review of Maison Bellachonne

Maison Bellachonne
Ranked #1 of 4 Bellac B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We spent the night at Maison Bellachonne prior to moving into our own house in the town. Eleanor and John are extremely welcoming and friendly and were very helpful in offering advice and information about the town. Our dinner with them was an unexpected bonus, and they made us feel like old friends within a few hours. The B&B is delightful - quaint and typically French, but with all mod cons, including a fabulous shower in our en suite. The situation is also excellent, as it is central, but quiet, with easy parking and access to all amenities. If we didn't now have our own front door in Bellac we would certainly be knocking on this one again. Incidentally, booking direct with Eleanor means she can help with information, advice and the best room choice for your needs.

Room Tip: Check with the owners so they can help you decide.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcgaw11
There are newer reviews for Maison Bellachonne

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have stayed twice in the Maison Bellechine. The first time we went to Bellac to look for a house. The second time is when we signed the papers for our new house.
I have to say that the welcome at the Maison Bellechone is friendly and warm. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very resonable as well. The breakfast is what you expect in a lovely French town, and the evening meals are worth the extra cost.
I would recommend the Maison Bellachone for any one who wants to stay in Bellac for a holiday, but especially if you are looking for a hose to buy. The couple that run the B&B are so helpful that it makes looking for a new home a pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at this comfortable and delightful B & B this week. It is somewhat more than a B&B, the room was large and well appointed with an en-suite. The evening meal we shared with Eleanor and John was memorable for all the right reasons. It is a truly charming place, a centrally located period property with parking outside. It also provides exceptional value for money. I would thoroughly recommend Maison Bellachonne to anyone.

Room Tip: The town centre is extremely quiet so rooms at the front of the property are not disadvantaged over...
Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed in the Green Room at Maison Bellachonne. The room was warm (important in a very cold snap) and comfortable with all the conveniences of home. My hosts Eleanor and John were friendly and informative. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend others to give it a try!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived early evening after a long days drive from the Spanish Pyrenees to be greeted by Eleanor proffering a much appreciated aperitif on the house!
After settling into our comfortable room we enjoyed an imaginatively cooked meal, joined by our hosts, Eleanor and John, who gave us an insight into the Limousin way of life and their plans to extend the business.
The following morning we had a good breakfast and left via the Saturday market, which we had been directed towards. Unfortunately we had a ferry to catch as we would have liked to stay longer but will certainly recommend Maison Bellachonne to our friends and will return to sample the delights of the courtyard in the sun and to rest assured that we will receive a warm and friendly welcome! A really good base from which to explore the Limousin....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

After making a reservation online the host of the establishment, Eleanor contacted me directly telling me that there would be no restaurants open on a Monday evening and would I care to dine at the inn. I arrived during a rainstorm and with no GPS I was a tiny bit lost. I called and the inn and Eleanor talked me in.

I settled into my room at this very quaint 200 year old home and soon felt much at home. It was the slow season and very cold outside but my room was ready and heated in anticipation of my arrival.

I ate with the family, Eleanor, her husband John, and their daughter. It was a very pleasant evening spent with good food and conversation in a lovely setting.

I slept well and had a nice breakfast and the family made me feel like a part of their extended family.

i will keep in touch with them and I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights while filming for a new channel 4 TV show. The house is charming, the rooms large, well furnished, light and warm. Breakfast simple but filling and the host and their daughter were really welcoming and flexible, able to accommodate our various demands and full of great inside local knowledge. Thanks to the team. Heartily recommended. The only downside i could think of is the soundproofing between rooms - often an issue in older converted houses. Whatever you're up to - do it quietly! :-)

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellac
Novotel Limoges Le Lac
#2 of 5 in Berneuil
La Flambee
La Flambee
#1 of 3 in Blond

Been to Maison Bellachonne? Share your experiences!