“Annual Yoga Retreat”

Villa Marie Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Fitts B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have been staying at Villa Marie the first week in February for over 10 years. it has become our home for our annual Yoga Retreat. The fact that most of our participants return year after year speaks highly of the Villa. It is private, spacious and in the heart of the vibrant and quaint Fitts Village. The gardens surrounds the Villa abound with beauty including a monkey in the mango tree if you are lucky enough to see him! We love that the beach is so near. We chose Villa Marie because we wanted a comfortable, private and safe place to have our retreat while avoiding the resort atmosphere. Manager Pete is friendly, accommodating and always available to help with our needs. We will be returning next year!
Mary Jane Fardella & Kathleen Gordon

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Peter H, Manager at Villa Marie Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Hi Kathleen & Mary...as always it is a great pleasure to have you here ! I truly appreciate your return to Villa Marie every year,and hope it will continue for plenty of years to come!You and your group,always bring such a nice,vibrant atmosphere to Villa Marie....you doing a great job with your Yoga-Retreat ! See you next year....take care!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was very nice to spend our holiday in Villa Marie.
With help and information from Mr Peter.
My wife son and I had a great time in Barbados.
We raccomended allready to our friends the place is nice calm and secure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Hi Apo....thanks so much,it's great to hear...you and your family had a great time! I really enjoyed our dinner we had,our conversations and your advice! I do hope we will see us again soon.... I certainly will visit you,once I come to Europe! Give my special regards to Emma & Cebrail....you guys are great and I wish you all the best for the future....can't wait to see the new addition to your family...! Take care my friend!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have stayed at Villa Marie at least sixteen times since July 2000. Every summer for Crop Over and have spent some lovely Christmas and New Year holidays, too. Suffice to say, we love Villa Marie.

It is truly a "home-from-home" haven in a village setting not far from the more "touristy" areas. It's handy for the beach, bus stops and supermarket. The best of both worlds.

Peter is very friendly and knowledgeable about the island and offers good advice should you wish to take it. He's also a good host and can help arrange car hire, trips etc. should you need it.

The rooms are well presented and maintained. The apartments afford a bit more space and facilities but the rooms are equally as nice and there's everything you'd need in the huge communal kitchen. A/C is available if needed although there are ceiling fans and open windows will let a nice breeze in. Yes, it can be hot at any time of the year but it's the Caribbean so is to be expected... isn't that why we go there? :-)

There is a bit of noise from cockerels and dogs but again, it's the tropics. You'll get that anywhere on the island and with your windows open you're bound to hear it. We have stayed in other locations on the island and there have been cockerels near to everywhere we have stayed before. If you don't want to stay in the cocoon of a clinical, impersonal hotel where you don't get to experience life in the REAL Barbados, then you will get insects, cockerels, village sounds... and with that you get the tranquility of a lovely house in a beautiful garden.

Even when Villa Marie is full, it's still a nice peaceful place to relax. It feels like "home" every time we go back and have always felt comfortable and safe there, whether in a room or an apartment. The apartments have mezzanine bedrooms with spiral staircases but there are huge walk-in wardrobes downstairs next to the enormous bathrooms. The apartments also have the added luxury of an outside balcony area for entertaining guests or just relaxing and enjoying the view.

It's an excellent and affordable choice of accommodation. We highly recommend it, and have done so many times!

Room Tip: We like the light and airy feel of the white apartment
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Tracy & Steve! Thanks so much for your comment,after all this time of you coming to" Bim ",
you are true ambassadors and promoters...not only of Barbados,but also of Villa Marie! I am truly happy to be able to call you my friends...needless to say,you are always welcome and I am looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed hear with my Family and would stay again and again, The apartments, and rooms are clean and fantastic value for money. The property is 2 min walk from a lovely sandy beach and small local super market that will cover all your needs.
Peter the manager is a great guy and will bend over backwards to cater for your needs. He is very knowledgeable about the island and will give good advice for your Holiday needs.
I can not praise this guest house and Peter enough. You would not be disappointed if you booked this for your Holiday accommodation
Rohan UK

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hi Rohan....thanks so much for your review,it's much appreciated! I always enjoy our convo's
and I am happy to hear you had a great time ! I hope it will not take too long,until you and your family will return! In the meantime...take good care !

Reviewed February 9, 2013

As a business owner of Island Serenity, i will say that in regard to Good Atsmophere and service ,Villa marie Guesthouse is outstanding and usually i look for a hideaway to have the sence of aloneness after living such a hectic lifestyle, and relaxation is the key element when staying at this guesthouse , i have, an always will continue to Promote this guesthouse because it is truly one of the best relaxing ,places in barbados .

Even with some friends who i personally took them there to see the place they were deeply captivated by the scenery and after there stay they also fell in love with Villa marie .

also i will add i stayed over a 3 week period and it truly is amazing.no complaints what so ever ..(#sidenote#)

Room Tip: i call it the hideaway mahogany room ..has a sence of old woody in the woods kind of a feel to it...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thanks so much...you are always welcome...hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked this villa for my family to stay in to celebrate a rather special birthday, however after 5 days out of a 3 week stay i had to pull them out and move them into my villa, the mustard seed, an excellant villa, no refund was offered for the shortened stay, i asked and all we got from peter the manager was, if i find someone else to take it i will give you some back, so do not pay this man upfront!!! And only stay here if you like barking dogs and cocks at dawn

Room Tip: The noise spoils all of the rooms, they are clean and tidy, but lack any luxories.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Peter H, General Manager at Villa Marie Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

I am very saddened to read your review ! I do know that at times,dogs are barking and roosters greet the day,but unfortunately...this is out of my hands! I didn't know,that this was the reason for moving out,I also didn't have any other complaints from other guest,at this time ! Your niece and husband,a very lovely couple,never complained to me about it and neither did you,although you picked them up,almost every day! They told me,that your son- in- law was moving out of your Villa and that there was now space for them and you wanted everybody to be together!
I am sorry for the lack of communication,but if somebody is moving out on their own account,than the business is not required to refund the money! However,I did offer to make a refund,but since the room was blocked for all this time,I could only do that,if I can fill up the room on a short notice! At that time,I thought it was a nice gesture,but I guess I was wrong!
I was able to rent out the room again,but not for the entire time, and would have been able to make some sort of refund ! Since you haven't been in touch,my suggestion would be,since you are visiting Barbados regularly,to come by and we will be able to sort this matter!
I am glad to hear,the rooms were tidy and clean,but as for luxury,I can't compete with mustard seed villa with a price range from 1900-2500 pounds per week in the winter season!
It was a pleasure to meet you,your niece and her husband,looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We returned last November to Villa Marie with two couples! It was like coming home! Villa Marie is still our favourite place to stay and we will return as often as possible!! This time we had one of the "big" apartments and a standard double-room. We found Villa Marie again to be absolutely spotless, the keep-up and maintenance ist great! We truly enjoyed the spacious apartment and the loft ist just gorgeous.We had plenty of space to have our friends over for dinner and any other occasion. We met other guests, had a few barbaques together and had a great time "liming" in the gardens and on the downstairs patios, as well as the downstairs kitchen, which seems to be a constant meeting point! One of the best time we had, when all guest got together and we prepared flying fish "bajab style" with the help of our host Peter! It was a grat and unforgettable evening an we can´t wait to do it again!
Special thanks to Peter, he took great care of us and his tips and advice made our stay again...."wonderful"!!
All the best for the New Year. We will see you soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi there...it was great to see you guys again,you are always welcome ! Hoping to see you again very soon! All the best!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitts
Beach View
#1 of 1 in Lower Carlton
South Gap Hotel
South Gap Hotel
#7 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Villa Marie Guesthouse? Share your experiences!