“Great Location ---Poor Service”
Review of Il Tempio

Il Tempio
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Fitts
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Lovely Beach Bar and Restaurant located on the quit beach of Fitts Village on the west Coast of St.James.That serves Lunch,happy hours and dinner. The bar is open until late and the happy hours on Fridays and Sundays are incredible with original cocktails and complementary finger food. For Lunch is served also Pizza while the dinner with all homemade pastas is elegant casual,in a romantic candlelight atmosphere.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The first impression here is that its such a great location. Its truly in a wonderful position, but our experience was the service was very poor.
We dined there on what was a quiet evening--we were one of two tables. So we were very confused why the service should be so bad. The problem seemed to be that our server was not too clued up. On several occasions she came to the table and without waiting for even the slightest pause in our conversation just started talking. Then she thought she would ask us if we wanted another bottle of wine. The technique was to dump roughly a glass full into my already half full glass and at the same time as pouring ask if we would like another bottle--Classy!
While I was at the Rest Room she came to ask my wife what we wanted for desert. Clueless.
The food?--actually pretty good! Didn't I mention it yet?

1  Thank Clive H

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner there and the lasagna was terrible. It was like eating mush. I thought this would be a good place for Chef Ramsey to do an episode of Kitchen Nightmares. The location and view is very nice but the kitchen needs a new chef.

4  Thank nytaz66
loryBarbados, Owner at Il Tempio, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

It is very horrible and desgracefull to use the TripAdvisor web to get a revenge ....Do not help nobody....The reviewer that found our lasagna so horrible paid her bill with a cheque without having money on the account in the bank....After a running behind her to get our money she found our food terrible....I do no think that we need to change our chef that makes happy so many of our customers....while the reviewer need to accept that the bill need to be paid.....

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ate here on the first night of our holiday staying in Fitts Village. The setting is amazing - right on the beach. The restaurant was fairly empty so were able to get a table by the sea. The service was good and the food excellent - we all had Red Snapper but I intially thought it was a bit expensive as we only had a couple of drinks and main course only for over 300 Bajan dollars. But I now think thats the price of eating out in Barbados unless you go for typical Bajan food.

We did go twice for happy hour and the rum punches were fabulous - as was the sunset!!!! On one night we were also given lovely nibbles with our drinks.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a lovely meal here. The restaurant is visually appealing on the outside and quaint on the inside, with a view straight onto the sea. I get the impression its more of a lunch-time place straight off the beach though we went for dinner, and the evening menu was lovely. Small selection, although when I said my four year old only ate pizza, they made it, and when I said my 2 year old was gluten free, they produced home-made, gluten free pasta, which we were thrilled about. I think sometimes a smaller, totally homemade menu is far superior to an extensive, and largely pre-prepared (and dare I say it, frozen) offer. We'd go back, and would probably try lunch next time for a change.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We tried Il Tempio because of positive reviews and it didn't disappointment. It is a small restaurant and we were seated right on the front with a wonderful view of the sunset and sea. The service was extremely welcoming and attentive throughout. The food was superb- the catch of the day in white wine sauce was extremely tasty.
I love food and in Barbados it is easy to be swept away by the extremely popular and ludicrously expensive restaurants but this was a far more pleasant experience. We felt genuinely valued as customers and enjoyed a relaxed evening with excellent food. Thank you Il Tempio.