“Awesome wedding”

Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winterbourne
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My best friends wedding was held at the Grange and must stress that it was the best wedding I and my family ever attended. Reception and Catering staff were second to none. The room was decorated beautifully and the food was excellent. All in all it was an awesome day!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed 1 night on business with 2 colleagues - all rooms were particularly cramped and in desperate need of attention. 1 room had no hot water and all were extremely warm with no a/c, that said it was quiet. Food was above average although the delivery was chaotic with a number of mistakes which really let it down. For a single night stay it was average although it is particularly peaceful and the setting is particularly pleasant.

Room Tip: Standard rooms were very cramped - upgrade if available.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris N
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

What can I say - don't like having to write a bad review. Booked a good rate half board, wasn't expecting a lot and it delivered even less. On the upside the hotel is set in an idyllic position just outside Bristol and the rooms were clean and comfortable but need a little TLC. From there everything went downhill. Bar staff tried to pour me a glass of wine from 2 different bottles - a NO NO. In the restaurant staff were not attentive and having ordered a steak, which according to website is locally and freshly sourced, I am sure that this steak had only see the inside of a freezer. It was tasteless and tough and almost inedible. I mentioned to waitress but she just ignored by comment. Breakfast menu had Eggs Benedict - described as toasted muffin with poached eggs and bacon in a hollandaise sauce. It arrived - one egg, slice of bacon on toasted brown bread with the sauce but also coated in olive oil - strange taste. No meats and cheeses on buffet as mentioned in the menu and toaster didn't toast, just heats up bread. Even had to sent the coffee back. What a shame that a beautiful country hotel can be ruined by bad service, bad cooking and bad food!!!!! Will be writing to manager.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Reviewed August 15, 2013

What a brilliant location! Ideal for a weekend getaway, with a book in your hand and cup or tea (or a glass of wine!) next to you... Stayed in the 'Mews' of the hotel since the main hotel building was fully booked with wedding guests. So really don't know how the rooms are in the main part of the hotel. But the Mews could surely do with a complete refurbishment/update. Comfortable, spacious hotel but indeed quite dated - especially the bathroom and the bathroom fittings which should be attended to immediately and of course, the overall upkeep such as the furniture, the carpets, the wall paint, etc in the room - look very very tired! Having said that, the breakfast is absolutely superb! If nothing else, will go back for the breakfast! Its a buffet but everything is freshly made and locally sourced! And last but not the least - the Staff should be surely complimented! Each and everyone is courteous and willing to extend themselves to make their guests comfortable!

Tips: There are 2 parking lots right next to the mews, so you can check in and then drive right up to the mews rather than parking in the hotel parking. But they are not always free so you need to get lucky! And with the hotel being a wedding location, it does get booked with wedding guests and with that comes late night wedding parties and loud talking in the middle of the night. But all this could probably get sorted with refurbishment as the walls are really thin... And not to forget mentioning that the hotel is 'old & tired' and there is no air conditioning in the room, it makes the room quite stuffy and feels claustrophobic - irrespective of it being summer or winter - as there was only one tiny window in the room we stayed in! Again a 'refurb' would probably sort this as well!

And finally - although the hotel is barely 10min from Bristol City Centre, but the location and the approach makes you feel as if you're in the middle of the country - all peaceful and gorgeous!

Just wish the hotel gets the much-needed updating and it could indeed be a top location!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I have carefully noted your comments with regard to refurbishment which should take place in the next few months.I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at your hotel recently on sat 10th of sept with my family. On saturday evening the staff couldn't have been more pleasant, however it was not so at breakfast on Sunday morning. I asked if we could sit together as it was our last morning together before my family went home to ireland and a blond older woman rudely replied that they were very busy as they had a 104 people for breakfast and wasn't happy that two tables had to be put together so we could have 7 on an 8 person table . She proceeded to move the chairs and sarcastically said to me I could now have a queen chair now!! They then proceeded to remove things from our table whilst we were still eating , my sister just put her fork down and the plate was whipped from under her nose. This experience made us all feel really bad and unwelcome on what was an otherwise nice stay, after all we were paying guests as well.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Pollyanna2013
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments on trip advisor.com.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate breakfast experience on your last day. I shall investigate your comments in detail and address your comments with my team.

I am pleased to hear that overall you had a pleasant experience at the Grange.

I do hope this unfortunate experience hasn't permanently marred your opinion of us and that we may look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Grange soon.

Kind regards

Mehmet

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice setting with some exotic trees. Grounds are very nicely kept together. Food was some best we have had in a British hotel and staff were outstanding. Rooms are dated and hot but small fans provided which were god sent. Would definitely use this hotel for great food, location and outstanding staff but not for rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you had a relaxing stay with us and you would recommend. I have noted your comments with regard to rooms very carefully. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Attended my best friends wedding at the grange. Beautiful hotel with a great surroundings and lovely grounds. Room was a bit hot but the weather was extraordinarily warm so you can forgive them for that. We all had a fab time.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you had a great time with us. I have noted your comments with regard to room temprature. You are absoulutely right we have had some very hote weather recently. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Mehmet Kandemir

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterbourne
De Vere Tortworth Court
Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
Lodge at Bristol
Lodge at Bristol
#3 of 5 in Almondsbury

Been to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!