“Weekend away with husband”

Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winterbourne
“Weekend away with husband”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2nights free of charge as we had received vouchers from the mercure hotel in swansea when we got married there in June 2012. Chose the grange hotel as it was close to bristol and had a pool. I will say the pool area and changing rooms are extremely small so only went once, the bar area was very welcoming and relaxing ;) staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fantastic ;) rooms were spacious and pleasant although heating did not work and was a little cold but not a major issue. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel;)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasent stay with us and that you would "highly recommend" our hotel. I will share your comments with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Mehmet Kandemir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Mk92fl
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Love this country manor fronted hotel great countryside views on the outskirts of Bristol. Looks like it would be a beautiful location for a wedding. The spa benifits from a sauna, hot tub, pool and limited exercise equipment.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a bit of a climb up narrow stairs if they say you are in the gallery. Lovely room wh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We do indeed have a great hotel in a beautiful setting and one of the most popular wedding venues at the weekends. I will share your comments with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Every year my aunt and I treat ourselves to a few days away and this year chose the Mercure Bristol North as our destination. Certainly the hotel is set in beautiful grounds, but the downside is that you are entirely stranded without a car. The nearest bus stop is a mile away along a narrow country lane known as the 'rat run'. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and retired to our bedroom to find that the bath tap was wedged tightly shut, so much so that my aunt bruised her hand in the process of trying to turn it. A visit from the extremely helpful duty manager at midnight confirmed the bath was unuseable, but this was sorted quickly and efficiently in the morning. Again, very helpfully the day manager asked how we could be compensated for our inconvenience and giving us a lift into town on both days in the hotel mini bus was an excellent solution. The staff are delightful, the food and facilities good, but if you are without transportation and want to see more of Bristol than the hotel grounds, it may be better to stay in a more central location. In fact, we visited another Mercure in town and whilst it lacked the charm and character of The Grange, it would have been more practical for our purposes.

Room Tip: Ensure that the radiator has been turned on fully in cold weather.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.I am glad the shortcomings encountered were rectified promptly by my team.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours faithfully,

Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We chose Mercure Bristol North for a short family break as it offered a swimming pool (and a sauna and jacuzzi). It did not disappoint; in fact we visited the pool everyday and stayed in for over an hour each time. The children had a great time as Fatime offered, and put up, a rope for us to play water polo. What a success! Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I will share your comments with our team and Fatiam in particular for looking after you so well. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Much better than the fast chain hotels. A home from home. Lovely clean rooms. Friendly staff. Nice food. Great breakfast. Comfy beds and a reasonable price. Why stay in Premier Inn's or Travel lodge when you can stay in this excellent country hotel. It may be a few pounds more but its well worth it.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet when its not busy. But just ask and I am sure they will accommodate a quiet roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that overall you had a great stay with us. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Attended friends wedding at the Grange a week ago. Everything was just about perfect, staff very friendly, hotel is set amongst a nice plot of land - very romantic. Rooms were nicely set up and clean although ours had been recently painted as we could smell paint. Overall enjoyable experience and would not hesitate recommending his hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors overlooking the front of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that overall you had a great time at our hotel and the wedding went very well. We are in the process of referbuishing hotel bedrooms and I apologise if there was smell of paint in your bedroom.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. Nice setting with some lovely views. Staff were very accommodating with my dietary request . Rooms are spacious, nicely presented and clean. A little noisy on Sunday as they had a wedding but wasn't too bad. Overall will return with out a doubt

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that overall you had a great time at our hotel and you enjoyed the setting. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Mehmet Kandemir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterbourne
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
De Vere Tortworth Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North

Been to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!