“Perfect wedding”

Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winterbourne
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Attended friends wedding at the Grange a week ago. Everything was just about perfect, staff very friendly, hotel is set amongst a nice plot of land - very romantic. Rooms were nicely set up and clean although ours had been recently painted as we could smell paint. Overall enjoyable experience and would not hesitate recommending his hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors overlooking the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that overall you had a great time at our hotel and the wedding went very well. We are in the process of referbuishing hotel bedrooms and I apologise if there was smell of paint in your bedroom.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. Nice setting with some lovely views. Staff were very accommodating with my dietary request . Rooms are spacious, nicely presented and clean. A little noisy on Sunday as they had a wedding but wasn't too bad. Overall will return with out a doubt

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that overall you had a great time at our hotel and you enjoyed the setting. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding hotel with great standards and beautiful setting. The weeding was held ion Sunday so decided to stay the night before. Really friendly, comfortable and spotlessly clean hotel. Food and service in Restaurant was very good and room rate was very competitive. Number of other friends who stayed over felt the same.

• Stayed: February 2013
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you and the rest of your friends had a great time mr and Mrs Headfords wedding Reception held at Mercure Grange on Sunday 3rd February. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I have noticed you had previously stayed with us and had had an equally very good stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous stays.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Grange very soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Very poor hotel...
Positives:
- some of the staff are nice
- good location near Bristol
- warm

Negatives:
- luke warm, weak showers with heads that desperately need replacing
- very dirty rooms and bathrooms (I have used 2 rooms over 2 stays, neither clean and one stank of smoke...how is this even possible now?)
- dated (they have spent a bit on the entrance, but non on the rooms)
- terrible music playing in public areas, not a great tv channel choice
- pay for Internet (when will hotels realise how offensive is it to have to pay for Internet?)
- laughable gym (I thought I'd get out my rubbish room and try the gym, the single items of each piece of equipment were all in use...went back to room)
- very mediocre food (I had the steak and the tikka)
- no variation in breakfast prices. £10 for a bowl of bran flakes is pretty steep
- I asked for a nice room, they offered me one for an extra £20 per night...no chance
- i could go on, but i think this sums it up. if my trip hasn't been cut short I would have gone elsewhere

Avoid if you can help it.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank TJP0980

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night this weekend with my Mum in a twin room using a wahanda deal (£115 for dinner, bed and breakfast in a twin room). The room was well equipped and clean, it had everything we needed and more, a hairdryer, an ironing board, large wardrobe for clothes, tea, coffee and biscuits, Tv with built in internet, bath and shower etc. We used the spa facilities on both days- the gym equipment is limited but adequate for a workout, the pool, sauna and jacuzzi tub were good. The health club was clean.
We dined in the restaurant in the evening, the staff were all very friendly but a little lacking in that I specified that I didn't want the bun with my burger but it came anyway. I also feel that they left quite a bit space of time between desert and offering coffee etc but they were all pleasant and this wasn't really a problem. The food was lovely, especially the baked vanilla cheesecake- we were very happy with it!
The rooms were comfortably warm with a radiator you could adjust according to your preferences and the beds were comfy too.
My Mum had stayed in the hotel before and been given towelling robes for using to go to the spa, these were not provided and when I asked at reception they said that it would have been an executive room that she had stayed in before but nonetheless the provided us with the robes straight away and at no extra cost.
Only thing that disturbed our sleep was a couple having a row outside the hotel at 6am which went on for about half an hour. I think this would be unusual as other than this the place was nice and quiet all evening night (bar creaky boards in the hallways!)
Breakfast was self serve and a very good range of foods on offer. No complaints whatsoever!
All in all it was a fabulous stay and I think I will be back :)

Room Tip: Room 205 had a nice tree view :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that overall you had a great time at our hotel. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was working in the area in December so I booked in for 2 nights although my colleague was staying the week.The bedroom was nice,clean & warm.
One night i went for dinner late about 9.40 & was told the restaurant was closed, I wasn't to happy with that but I could accept it tho as I was late ish,so I tried to eat in the bar but was told I couldn't eat anything in the bar at this time(website does say 11am to 00.00 with light meals)?? Yes I who had a room there & missed the restaurant although it wasn't 10pm couldn't eat in the bar, I had to order room service from the bar & was told I couldn't eat it down in the bar area so I had no choice but to go up to my room. I was appalled & won't recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. Although, our Restaurant closes at 9.30pm however, the Lounge and Bar Menu should have been available. I would be grateful if you would drop me a note with your telephone number so that I can call to apologise in person and take an appropriate action as necessary.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Made our reservation for myself and my husband through bookings.com, and booked and paid for our stay on 22.11.12. The booking was for a room suitable for disabled for 4 nights from 22.12.12. Four days before departure, we received a phone call from a 'call centre' in Cambridge when we were told that our reservation for the disabled room would have to be cancelled and we could either accept a different ground floor room or a full refund. No choice at all. We grudgingly accepted the alternative room. After an amount of searching on the internet, we came to the conclusion that we had been shifted in favour of an alternative group booking from Saga. The 'executive' room that was ours was no different to the majority of double rooms we have stayed in before. My wheelchair would not go through the bathroom doorway, which made me anxious. In spite of several phone calls to confirm the availability of the room before we paid for our stay, we felt we had a legal contract. Not according to them. The following morning we came through the reception, which had some 'Saga' guests and a Saga Rep. Saga holidays are not cheap, and as a lucrative contract with them would earn them more than just the two of us - money talks. Suffice it to say, would never stay their again and do not recommend it to anyone.
Very unsatisfied customers.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica P

Dear Guest,

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. Having investigated your comments in some detail, I can confirm that a double room through a third party agent had been booked. A request had been made for an accesible room and I understand the agent informed you that your request couldn't be met and offered an alternative room which was accepted.

Mehmet Kandemir

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterbourne
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton
Lodge On The Park
Lodge On The Park
#3 of 5 in Almondsbury

Been to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!