“Good service, nice variety even if not the best”
Review of Taj Brasserie

Taj Brasserie
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Winterbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came here on a bank holiday weekend when a local restaurant was full. The dining area is huge and is all very nicely decorated to a high standard. We were seated promptly in a huge area where we were almost alone. (The front area was pretty full). Menu's are of the laminated paper kind but contain a huge array of dishes. Drinks and poppadum's were served promptly. The wine list isn't huge but it's reasonably priced for a restaurant. We skipped starters and went straight for mains. We had a variety of dishes from the mixed grill to my chicken chilli masala. The chilli dish wasn't either particularly hot of full of flavour, I would rate it fairly average. The mixed grill and other dishes however got better reviews. It's not the cheapest by far, but it has nice surroundings, I think I will need to visit again and sample another dish before I add it to the list of my regular Indians.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is the second time i have been to this resturant on both times with big groups of people.
I have to say the way they talk to people is Appalling
I ask if they did Chicken Buna the reply was, yes ! we are a curry resturant! I then asked for Ice Cream then was told it was to Icy !! he then said i could have it but only one flavor JOKE ! the picture showed three Varieties, which i might add they had all in stock, buy alot of insitance on my part and i was very polite i got what i wanted.
Sorry guys who is paying your wages !! yes the customers that come to your resturant !! £250.00 is not to be sniffed at these days !! will not be back !

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Family meal at this excellent local Indian. Large menu choice in pleasant surroundings and great for family groups. Continue to thoroughly recommend - does good take aways too!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

introduced to this gem of indian cuisine by friends we have now visted twice and the meals have been off excellent standard!! would recommend to any one who enjoys good indian food in comfortable surroundings

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Attended midweek so not packed but still quite a few customers. Layout decor etc really nice. All areas really clean. Food was great and lots of it. Staff very attentive and could not have been more helpful. I highly recommend this restaurant