Atlantica Golden Beach Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kissonerga
See available hotels
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
Hotel St. George(Chlorakas)
  • Breakfast included
2,247 results
All reviewsthomson goldgold hotelthomson teamentertainment teamresident bandatlantica hotelsa la carte restaurantcool boxupstairs bardrinks packagesuperior roomevening entertainmentcold buffetspecial mentionjacuzzi bathsea viewgreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We just got back from the Atlantica Golden Beach, our second visit there. We don't tend to go places twice as you can ften be disapointed, but no fear of that at this Hotel.

The staff are excellent and really make you feel like they want to make your stay special. The young Romanian waitress in the lobby bar is a real star with a lovely smile and always a warm greeting. She knew what your usual drinks order was within a day or two and even remembered everyone's room number (which had to go on the receipt)

The food was good and for a buffet which I am not usually keen on after a few days, it was varied and of a high quality. Usually we end up eating out a few nights if staying at a Hotel with Buffet service, but we did not go out once. It is just so civilised to sit and have a relaxed dinner in pleasdant surroundings with a bottle of wine. Usually on al linclusive you get a glass of horrid cheap plonk but not with Atlantica. The house wine may not be of an excellent standard but nor is it bad. Lunch on the terrace looking over the poolside towards the seas was just lovely - with another bottle of wine (half bottle at lunch time for us) then back to the sunbed to snooze it off.

We had gone thinking we might hire a car and see more of the island this time but once we got there and began to unwind we were very happy to just chill out.

Entertainment could have been better but the Thomson team at the Hotel were really nice and both Nicla and Matt were good singers in their own right. We did expect more from a Thomson Gold Hotel as far as the entertainment was concerned, but we were also happy to chill and sit on the terrace of an evening when the entertainment was poor. I have to say when the team told me that the entertainment went up a gear from 1st May (the day we came home) I was a bit annoyed because the Hotel was at full capacity while we were there so no reason for it not to have good entertainment. When you choose Thomson Gold you expect to have quality entertainment whether it is summer or winter season

Only critisism of this wonderful Hotel is the uncomfortable chairs in the ballroom. I have seen the same critisism written of Atlantica Bay in Limasol. Come on Atlantica group, get your act together and get us some comfy seating in the entertainment rooms of your Hotels beacuse it is the only thing that lets you down.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank young1976
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Just got back from this hotel earlier today. After booking a holiday in cyprus was told the hotel i was ment to be going to was closed for refurbishment and was being transfered to this hotel. I was a little worried after reading the comments on this website. While staying at the hotel I realized the majority of comments on here are rubbish. The hotel is isloated but a excellant hotel. You do not pay for the fridge in your room regardless of type of room you are in. The entertainment team Nichola and Matt was fantastic ensuring a brilliant stay. DnA resident singers was brilliant and open to requests. All staff are friendly and always smilling. one downside in the restaurant is you can wait a while for drinks with meals but food is a amazing - all the staff at the hotel and thomson keep up the hard work and see you all soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank scouser1978
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This was my second visit here and I felt a bit nervous as I travelled alone for the first time. the staff from Stelios to the lovely ladies who kept my suite clean were first class. I met some wonderful people and with the help of Nicola and Matt we all had a great time. I only hope that TUI and Atlantica keep this hotel a Gold hotel as the day time entertainment is very important. the food was good, plentiful and hot all the waiters were very attentive. I am returning again next year and cant wait well done to you all

Dianne

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Dianne I
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We went in Feb and had a fantastic time, everything everyone has said about the staff and the cleanliness is true, food always hot and good choice, bit isolatedbut we had car, well recommend this we saw all of the island, it isamazing. This was our first package holiday nd chose to go with Thompson for a few reasons, the main one beingth choice of flights, 5 in total, we chose a flght that arrived back in uk at 9.10pm as it was a Sunday and we had work on Monday, we were hen advised to rserve seats or we would not be together, we did ths, at a charge of £7.50pp each way! we chose seats with extra leg room, also at a cost. We booked this in December, 2 weeks before we went we recieved 5 different sets of tickets, each wth diferent fligt times! none our chosen fight! I tried to contact Thompson, you cannot e-mail them, only phone at acost of 10p per min! the first time i was on hold for 40mins! I went to my local Thompson shop to be told it was nothing to do with them as we hd booked on line, however they did let me use their phone. The woman on the line basically said hard luck they have the right to change flights, we were now lading at 1.15am on Monday! she suggested we return a day early to an airport 200 miles away from home! We could not cancel without losing everything, the flight out had the rudest staff i have ever met, one woman aged about 30 with short dark hair, made very rude comments about a passenger within earshot of others and raise her eyes at me and refusd my request when i asked for water!!! We did not get our rserved seats and am still waiting t hear fom Thompson! They may as well said just give us your money and we'll tell you when you fly! THOMPSON BUILT WITH YOU IN MIND, NOT!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This is sold as a Thomson Gold hotel which means adults only and only sold to Thomson in the UK, but during our stay there were children staying at the hotel and guests from other holiday companies (Jetair - TUI's Belgian operator). There were many French and German speaking guests during the time we were there.
The hotel itself is very good, staff are always friendly and helpful, food in the restaurant was always enjoyable with a wide choice and a request to the chef for a lactose free choice was fulfilled. We were all-inclusive which included a wide range of good quality local drinks, including excellent house wines which could be ordered by the bottle at lunch and dinner. Unlike most all inclusive hotels it was also ok to take drinks, including bottles of water and wine back to the rooms.
The rooms were well furnished (Hotel was fully re-furbished in December 2009, we had a superior room upgrade which gave a few extras, room had a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, bathrobes and slippers. Some rooms had small private pools which Thomson now offer. Room comfort is ruined by the beds which have plastic covers on the pillows and mattress, we were so hot that most nights we were unable to sleep and this was April!! Entertainment at the hotel was not as good as I have seen in other Gold hotels, the team try hard but I would guess they are on a very limited budget and the "Star" guest acts were a joke, many people walked out of the ballroom within minutes of the headline acts starting. The chairs in the ballroom were very uncomfortable, much like dining chairs, and did not encourage guests to stay. Many guests at the hotel complained that it was a long way from the town, which is true, but we knew where is was before we booked as we have visited Paphos many times before. However there is a very good bus service to Paphos and Coral Bay from right outside the hotel. I would suggest renting a car to see the best of Cyprus, we always have a car pre-booked to collect from the airport on arrival and keep for the length of our stay.
Would we stay at the Atlantica Golden Beach again? Very definitely yes, but Thomson need to ensure they comply with the Thomson Gold brand and fix a few of the minor niggles that can ruin a holiday..

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple