“Holiday Stay”
Review of Queen's Bay Hotel

Queen's Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kissonerga
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is the place to come brilliant from the start, easy to check in. The rooms are very clean and tidy everything that you want from a holiday. The Staff are outstanding everyone in the hotel work as a team and this shows when they are serving you and they are all very friendly. The drinks and the food are great something for everyone. I have been on a few abroad holidays and I would say this was the best for everything location is great beach is private to you. Sun beds are not a problem and the the games through the day are brilliant French Bowls, Darts, Archery, and Water volley ball the gentleman who does this is very nice and he is very good at his job. I can't say bad word about this place and would highly recommend this for a quite break.

Thank you to all the staff at this hotel for making this a wonderful stay and a great break and we will be back again.

4  Thank James W
There are newer reviews for Queen's Bay Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just returned from a week all inclusive at the queens bay! It was fantastic! The staff ( Antonis,vassos,Costas,cristian, Ivan) to name a few were amazing from front desk, bar to the chamber maids, room was spotless we paid a little extra for a sea view well worth it! The food was lovely always something to choose from! I liked the waiter service even though it was all inclusive and the drinks were in glasses not plastic! We had a trip to coral bay and into paphos harbour both lovely! The hotel is quiet n relaxed with a little entertainment if you want it! Sun beds always available n scattered all around the lovely gardens! Thank you so much for a great week!

Room Tip: We had a sea view room 404 lovely
2  Thank MrsF36
Reviewed July 28, 2014

As others have said the staff here could not be more friendly but may I add they are also Happy!
The pool and facilities are second to none.The rooms spotlessly clean,and the food excellent always something on the menu your going to like trouble is there is usually quite a few things your going to like so don`t go here if you want to lose weight!!!!.Positioned perfectly between Coral Bay and Paphos with a super efficient bus service ( 1.5 euros to travel whether you go 1 bus stop or all the way) which runs past the hotel road.The beach (small) at the rear of the hotel with a beautiful little bay perfect for a little dip.Hoping to go back one day SOON!!

Room Tip: quieter at the front and side but wouldn`t say the sea view rooms would be much noisier
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from a fabulous weeks stay in this gem of a hotel. The hotel itself is set back from the main road down a little lane which means it is very quiet and secluded. On entering the hotel I was struck by how clean it was, it also has a colonial feel but with a modern twist. The reception were very friendly, the younger guy who works there especially so and made us feel very welcome. The rooms are small but well equipped, having a tv, hairdryer and plenty of plug sockets. Also has a small balcony (but to be honest I didn't go on holiday to spend a week in a room!!), and the bathroom was more than adequate. The room was serviced every day and the maid was always cheerful and left plenty of fresh towels. My board was all inclusive and having stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels (I used to work in the travel industry) was apprehensive, but found the selection and quality of the food very impressive. Always fresh, piping hot and plentiful. There were not any 'processed foods' which I was relieved about, so of you're looking for lamb cutlets, beef joints and chicken in sauces this is the place for you!! The sun terrace on the first floor is particularly nice in the evening, it overlooks the rear of the hotel and is lovely to sit and watch the sunset from. The pools are great ( one outdoor for adults, a smaller outdoor splash pool for children and then one indoor pool which has a secluded feel although having sliding doors which open up onto the gardens). Due to it being incredible hot and travelling with a child we spent a lot of time in the indoor pool to avoid the strong sun. Various bars around the grounds, all serve main drinks but the pool bar and indoor bar serve some great cocktails, both alcoholic and non alcoholic. The ambiance in the evening is quite formal, the waiters all have their bow ties on and the clients were usually dressed up and elegant which was a welcome change to some all inclusive hotels where guests wear bikinis and vest tops until they crash in a drunken heap!! There were no queues for food at any seating. The hotel has quite a lot of older clientele and I feel the entertainment is more aimed towards that age group although my partner and I (being in our 30s), really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and was really impressed at the serenity after midnight when the whole hotel seems to go to bed and silence falls!! Having read other reviews, I have seen people complained about the wifi, I bought wifi for my son (he's 11 and can't live without his iPhone and iPad!!), yes, it was slow but to be honest if you are going on holiday I don't really understand why it's so important when the idea is to relax and be stress free (surely it'd be better to leave these gadgets at home!!) All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my break and have already looked at returning in a few weeks subject to being able to take time from work. Thank you to all who work so very hard to make this a very successful hotel and I have very fond memories of our stay

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank EmmieEngland
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just got back from a week at this hotel and had a lovely time. Room was clean with excellent views at sunset overlooking the beach and the pool. Staff where really friendly and helpful, we where all inclusive so ate and drank there quite a lot in the end. All food is help yourself buffet unless you order of the bar menu during the day. Breakfast was good and well stocked and lunch and dinner had a good variety of options and choices. All food was good well and presented well. Evening service was efficient. Bar staff and entertainment laid on where also good. I would recommend this hotel!!! Pathos is a 20min bus ride away and the bus is on the main road maybe 5 mins walk from the hotel and coral bay in the other direction is less than ten. Loved it, had a great time. There is also access to a beach, this was clean and had a sheltered bathing area.

Room Tip: If you want views of the sunset I think you can request although more likely to hear the noise of th...
3  Thank James G
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent weeks stay at the Queens Bay Hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone.

The room we had was a sea view room and we were also delighted to see that we had an extended balcony which had its own sun loungers and chairs. We did not ask for this so it was a nice surprise when we arrived. The room was always kept spotlessly clean as were all the surrounding areas of the hotel.

The staff were very friendly especially on reception where nothing was too much trouble. We were amazed that they provided us with a complementary room to have showers and get changed for our flight later in the evening after we had already checked out. This was great service.

The hotel was a little out of Pathos town but there is a very frequent bus service that is a five minute walk away which can take you there or the delightful Coral Bay for one Euro fifty sense each way.

There was entertainment provided at the hotel and whilst not outstanding it was OK for an evening in. The guitarist was particularly good though and highly recommended.

The food at the hotel was excellent and nicely cooked. We were half board so only tried the lunch day but we were impressed. It was starting to get a bit much of the same towards the end but it was excellent for our weeks stay. The drinks were very reasonably priced for the hotel as well

The only minors for me was that it would be nice to have a fridge in the room to keep drinks etc especially when it is so hot like other hotels. WiFi in my opinion should be free. And whilst it was not over expensive, for me I quite often choose a hotel with free WiFi over one where you have to pay for it during your stay. I also found it quite slow during the day I used it but you don't mind so much if it's free and your doing basic tasks.

These are only minor on an excellent stay. Would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone and think the hotel should certainly go for a four star rating. Thanks for an excellent stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bradfordgull
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Just returned from a 10 day holiday with my husband from QBH. Absolutely fabulous holiday. We opted for all inclusive. The food and selection was very good. There was plenty of sun loungers and hotel was clean a friendly. Location was great. You could get a bus from the top of the road - 8 mins 1 way to coral bay and 15 -20 mins the other way to the harbour. On the way to coral bay there is a strip of lively bars and restaurants which we loved. Coral bay is an amazing beach and the harbour is lovely too. The hotel has a lot of Russian guests. Only 2 negatives- 1 wifi you had to pay for and it was slow and kept chucking you out. On the main strip all the bars did this for free and it was super fast. The staff was friendly and lovely except 1 guy on main reception. He didn't fit in with the hotels culture and we found him unhelpful. Eg we asked him about prices of wifi and he wouldn't elaborate on the options, when we asked another member of staff they got a card out with the different options. He also checked us in late 11.30pm 14th July and he wasn't very friendly, he asked us for a voucher and we didn't have it all printed. He eventually said not to worry and we could print it the next day, however this could have been done better. We avoided reception when he was on. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lisabholmes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissonerga
Cynthiana Beach Hotel
Theo Sunset Bay Holiday Village
Almyra Hotel
Almyra Hotel
#16 of 85 in Paphos

Been to Queen's Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!