“Fantastic Dinners”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Amazing dinner and presentation. The salad was delicious, the tuna steaks were perfectly cooked and the penne pasta with shrimp, tomato and a light goat cheese cream sauce was divine. Nice wine pours. Definitely a "hit" with us and we'll be returning many more times during stay.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent six days at Reserva Conchal and only found out about this place the last night. Wish we had known about it earlier. Very nice and clean, well lit place; very inviting. Nice and friendly staff and interesting menu with a great wine list (perhaps best we saw in the area). Food was very good - steak was best quality we have had in Costa Rica. Looking forward to coming back

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had the opportunity to eat lunch at the restaurant and it was delicious. The wraps were excellent and the tuna was very fresh and perfectly prepared. The drinks were tasty and the prices were very fair. We also had the chef/owner to our home a number of times to prepare meals for our family and, as well as being reasonably priced, the food was beautifully presented and excellent every time. Will use his services and eat at his restaurant every time we're in town.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I am always on the lookout for new places to eat in the area and stopped by one afternoon for coffee to check the place out. It was mid afternoon so we saw a few people eating lunch and perused the menus. The place looked well run and we decided to come back for dinner. We told a few friends and one was dying to try it too. We ended up as six for dinner and were all amazed at the quality of the ingredients and tasteful preparation. Its not the fanciest place in the area, but as value goes, it is tops. I had Mahi-Mahi and got to try the tuna and muscles. All were great.

We usually don't go out for breakfast, but I have been going low carb and craved some eggs, so we headed over a few mornings later. Apart from a well cooked omelet we had great fruit, especially the papaya, which I am not a really big fan of, but this one might have changed that. Although we didn't have any pastries, all the breads and such come from the German Bakery in Liberia, which I can vouch for from another life.

Since the airport has the worst, most expensive food around, we were thinking about where to get something on our way. I had seen some wraps on the Cafe Conchal facebook page, and called them up to see if they would make some for us. Even though they weren't on the menu, they were happy to oblige. The folks next to us at the airport were bemoaning their Quiznos while we enjoyed chicken and avacado in chipotle sauce. A cup of plantain chips rounded out our delicious lunch. This place could do a big business in box lunches for the 'off to the airport' crowd. I am already looking forward to my next.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I took only a drink with friends living nearby who eat there all the time
It is a cute little wine bar
The menu seems very interesting
The price are fair
It will be next on my list