Seis Playas Hotel
$66
Travelocity
Hotel Nany(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
$83
Reserva Conchal Beach Resort, Golf & Spa(Playa Conchal)(Great Value!)
$280
Hotel Brasilito(Brasilito)(Great Value!)
$41
Guanacaste Lodge(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Pool
Hotel Bula Bula(Playa Grande)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Playa Grande Park Hotel and Villas(Playa Grande)(Great Value!)
$83
La Marejada Hotel(Playa Grande)(Great Value!)
$65
All reviewscosta ricafabulous poolrooms are cleanquiet hotelhuge poolfree wifirenting a carmin drivebreakfast is servedthe entire staffcool offceiling fantamarindo areathree nightsair conditioningritataxi
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stopped by without a reservation and asked to see one of the rooms. We were very surprised to find high ceilings, very nice ceiling fan, remote control air conditioning, king size bed, and very decent bathroom. The lighting, curtains and other details made us feel very comfortable. A small front porch over looking an "AMAZING POOL" in which the following morning I spent over an hour in.
Breakfast which came with the room was scrambled eggs, pinto (rice and beans), and good coffee. The staff treated us great.
If your looking for a clean, very safe (hard to find at these prices), and also very quiet, this place will fit right in. But that is not why I'm writing all this. Me in all my mechanical skills decided to make a small adjustment on the car. Well you know how that goes. "Hey honey, it will only take a couple minutes", right! An hour later I was filthy dirty and... a half an hour after we left I realized I had left five tools sitting on a cement parking barrier. One of the tools was my Leatherman. They run about $160 here in Costa Rica. I was sick. The parking lot was completely empty when we left. Well to make a long story short my wife called them immediately and within an hour they had found my tools. The next day they shipped them to us, no charge. We begged to pay and they refused.
Now I realize in other countries this might be considered common service, but in Costa Rica this is nothing shy of fantastic. If they are willing to something like that for us, what might they do for you?
I have lived in CR for eight years and stayed in a lot of places, but I have never written one thing about any of them. Most were not worth writing about. These people deserved it though.
I want to say thanks to the staff for working at that hotel and treating us like we were really important, and not just another tourist.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6, but honestly, there is not a bad location anywhere you stay. This is not a place to stay if you don't have a car. It's a ways to town.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia B
castrobw, Front Office Manager at Seis Playas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (506) 2653-6818.

Fabian Villarreal B
Front Desk
BEST WESTERN Camino a Tamarindo

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We spent two nights in TamarGringo, er I mean Tamarindo at this hotel. I would strongly advise not staying here without a car. It's a good 10 minute drive to the beach. I should mention thos os not a walkable 10 minute commute. The rooms were clean, but dated. The shower was difficult to maneuver. It took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to jiggle the handle for hot water. Breakfast left something to be desired... Choices were either Continental or Typico. Continental consisted of fruit and toast. Typico was rice and beans, eggs and cheese. The door is broken to the dining room area so the waitress has to unlock it every time someone comes in and out. Lastly, they have an armed security guard out front from about 6 pm on... I didn't feel unsafe until I actually saw him out there. The only pro was the pool. It's massive and clean.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NicoleG1984
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We were very well received in this hotel! All the receptionnists were amazing and were all the time helping, organizing or arranging things for us. Even before we understood to as for it, they had organized things ready. Incredible.

An absolute must is to take a half day catamaran tour with snorkling, lunch, drinks and finally sunset. Absolute gem and must do! The hotel staff will organize the tour for you.

Don't miss this hotel if you stay in Tamarindo. Here the staff genuinely carrs for you!

1  Thank Emma518
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The regular free shuttle makes it a great hotel to stay in.
Clean room and place, very flexible and accomoding staff.

Nothing wrong to say.
Amazing swimming pool.
We also did the catamaran tour offered at the reception (panache)... Angain... A great experience!

2  Thank LeClyde
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We really liked the place. It was clean, full of nice flowers, modern and with a great pool. The guy in charge there was gabriel and he did a great job! He gave us good advises about the neighbourhood and things to do and made sure we had a good time. The place was very clean and not far by car frim different pretty beaches. Highly recommended!! Thank you!!!!

1  Thank Vfromd