“Great food, wonderful atmosphere”
Review of Coconut Grove - CLOSED

Coconut Grove
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was just a real treat. But you must book, it fills up fast. The Winterlicious three course meal with a glass of wine or beer for $32.50 was exceptional value. The soup was fantastic, and the double chocolate mousse with cumquats was the best dessert I have ever had. My husband raved about his Penang curry. The restaurant was packed. Coconut Grove has a wonderful ambience, we were just about the first to arrive so got to appreciate the fresh and delightful decor, and it was fun to see it completely filled within the hour.

1  Thank Dotlen

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We dined here because I wanted to take my elderly mother out for Sunday lunch, and this place was near her home, and in the "Entertainment. book". What a great place! I was a little worried about how Mum would make it up one flight of stairs, but they were well constructed stairs with a good hand rail.
The waitress was delightful, and had the perfect balance of being really helpful, but not intrusive.
The food was perfectly cooked, and the ingredients top quality and fresh. My husband and I shared a plate of Hervey Bay scallop tarts. Divine! Mum had the Duck Spring Rolls, which were delectable. The serving was generous, and we helped her out!
My duck for mains was juicy, flavoursome, and crispy onthe outside. Could not have been better. My husband loved his curry, and Mum thought the snapper was wonderful.
Unfortunately, we couldn't manage either the breads or dessert.
We will definitely be back!

2  Thank Valueandfun
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Coconut Grove restaurant at Sunshine Beach gets in right. Their 3 course 'Winterlicious' special for 3 courses and a glass of wine or pot of beer is excellent value. Wonderful flavours and great presentation of food, good service and a lovely ambience. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited here with the Prawnissimo Promenade for the Noosa Long Weekend and wondered why we don't come more often. They did a variety of dishes such as Taiwanese pork and prawn bun, firecracker prawn and a soufflé prawn with lemongrass bisque and the variety was wonderful and showed the skills of the kitchen superbly. A great restaurant at any time, top service and a good range of quality wines.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I went here with friends for a birthday dinner and it was great. They run a 'Winterlicious' special so for $32.50 you get a 3 course meal with a glass of wine or pot of beer. With the meals, there is a choice between two options.
I had the duck spring rolls for entree, chimmichurri chicken for the main, and coconut arancini for dessert and it was spot on. Can't fault anything. And the best thing is, the Winterlicious special changes each week, but they only run it mid-week.