“Good food, service leaves something to be desired”

Old Vines Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Vines Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in West Kelowna
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunnyside
Transit: Quails' Gate is accessible by Public Transit. Kelowna Regional Public Transit System Route 20/21 Westside drops visitors at our winery door. Buses are equipped with bike racks. See bctransit.com/regions/kel for routing details.
Description: Old Vines Restaurant is a meeting place of fresh local ingredients. Our selection of dishes enhance the light, fresh and fruitful, rich style of Quails' Gate wines. Our menu is constantly evolving as a reflection of our focus to serve the best and freshest the valley's local artisans and west coast markets can provide. We are dedicated to providing you with a beautiful setting and the ultimate food and wine experience in the Okanagan Valley. Voted in the Top 20 Winery Restaurants of the World by the Daily Meal (October 2013). OpenTable Top 100 Best Restaurants in Canada (March 2015). The New York Times (October 2006) - "Beyond our tables, the panorama of the lakefront, watercraft wake lines and row upon row of grapevines, with mountains in the distance, was mesmerizing." Wine Spectator (July 2004)- "One of the four best places to dine in the Okanagan."
New York
“Good food, service leaves something to be desired”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

A group of three of us dined here tonight. Traveling through the area, we had looked forward to dinning here based on reviews on this page and elsewhere.

The setting is beautiful. We were greeted by the host who was very friendly and accommodating.

We all had a three course meal; for starters we tried the West Coast mussels, which were excellent, and the foie gras, which was also a nice taste, but the sauce slightly on the tart side. For main course we had the game hen (fantastic!) and the sable fish (a little bland). Desserts were ok (chocolate pave and the small bites), but nothing special.

However, even though the food was good and the setting fantastic, we were disappointed by the service provided by our waiter, Brett. This was a quiet evening at the restaurant, a total of six tables were served by the three waiters and the host. On such calm a night at a winery restaurant I think some additional information about the menu and the wines served is called for. Our waiter was given the opportunity to pair the wines with our meal, and some information about what we were drinking and how it suited the menu would have made the night more enjoyable. We asked for some additional information, but the waiter could barely stop to talk. That said, the two other waiters, Julie and especially Amy, were very accommodating when they were available.

Visited March 2014

• Thai first
West Kelowna, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valentines dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food, wine, service and lovely view! It's one of our favorite places to fine dine and we will return!

• Visited February 2014
West Kelowna, Canada
“Sunday Brunch - Best in the Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Quails's Gate Winery, Old Vines Restaurant is a first class experience in a very beautiful and relaxed setting. My family and my favorite is their Sunday Brunch Menu. The eggs benedict is
beyond compare. Always a go to destination with friends from afar.

• Visited June 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I am new to the Kelowna area. I was treated to dinner on March 1st. From the time I walked in the door until walking out the door I felt pampered. From the Beet salad to the chocolate desert everything was pleasing. The tenderloin was cooked perfectly, tender and exactly how I ordered.Thank you to the chef who prepared the Tenderloin. I will recommend this to all my out of town friends. The serving staff were informative, polite and made the experience.

• Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Food, horrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Although the food and wine was delicious, our waiter was mediocre at best. I'm accustomed to receiving phenomenal service while dining at higher end restaurants, and quail's gate did not have this. As the food was good, I would consider returning in the summer to give it a second chance, however I would certainly request a different server. He made you feel as if we were inconveniencing him for dining in his section. We were constantly getting "eye-rolls" when we would ask a question and I felt uncomfortable anytime I would request something that he would fail to bring. Although the food was decent, it did not make up for the awful service. If you like good service, I would recommend the Bonfire Grill or Mission Hill over this restaurant.

Visited January 2014