“A definite MUST!!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridge Blvd
Transit: Located at intersection of Mission Hill Rd and Boucherie Rd. Kelowna Regional Public Transit System Route 20/21 Westside drops visitors just down the hill from our entrance. Buses are equipped with bike racks. See bctransit.com/regions/kel for routing details.
Description: Overlooking rows of Pinot Noir & Chardonnay set against the Okanagan Lake, our outdoor Terrace Restaurant complements our wine's natural affinities with cuisine that is locally, sustainably, and seasonally sourced. By growing much of our own produce in the estate Varietal Garden and working hand-in-hand with local farmers, we are able to provide a spectacular culinary experience highlighting the bountiful ingredients & world-class wines that characterize this region. By partnering with local farmers, our menu continuously evolves to incorporate the freshest ingredients. Similar to our philosophy in the vineyards, we have a firm belief in sustainable and bio-dynamic agricultural practices, including local foraging, organic farming, and the Vancouver Aquarium's OceanWise program. Even our own honeybees help sustain the estate gardens while providing wildflower honey to be used by our culinary team.
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me for our anniversary with a trip to Kelowna. We chose to go to the Mission Hill winery & made reservations for dinner at their restaurant. What a WONDERFUL evening!!! We started with a flight of wine which helped us choose a 2007 Oculus. All I can say is...WOW!!! The staff were all amazing and personable. The food exceptional. And the view priceless. Would highly recommend this for a romantic date night! Thank you to all!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were SUPER excited to come here for lunch. When we arrived we were the second table to be seated and they tried to seat us beside another two top table, which was really awkward, as there was no one else around. I asked if we could have another table closer to the end and they seem kind of put off, then they "arranged" for us to take the next table over..... oh... okay......?

When we sat down, I noticed that I couldn't see the view at all (I'm only 5 feet tall) so beware if you are thinking you're going to take in the view. You can't see a thing unless you stand up. Bummer...

As we were trying to enjoy our appetizers (which were larger than expected) there was an annoying family that was in the green area (the park) who were screaming and chasing each other around. Then all of the kids an the grandpa just rudely decided to sit down at the table next to us (on the edge of the green area) and the kids touched all the clean plates, glasses and cutlery with their sticky gross fingers..... that's nice.... where are the parents?? I was like REALLY?? We are paying $200 for lunch here, can you get lost already?

I tired to focus on lunch and my hubby, but its kind of hard when you have a bunch of kids taking away from the ambiance. FINALLY, (which felt like forever) the hostess told them to go get their parents... (she was way too nice about it) and they finally left, but it seemed like it took forever.

The service was top notch but we quickly lost our appetite because it was SO hot out - a record 36 degrees. They didn't even turn on the misters.... and our poor server dressed in pants, long sleeved shirt, vest, tie AND apron... Are you kidding me???? Holy cow!! Give that girl a short sleeved shirt! I really don't think it would make ANY difference.

The food was really good, I had the pasta special, honey had the steak/frites and we had the octopus as an appy. We had the Voignier and Riesling to start, and the legacy and reserve flight with the mains.

The wine was ok, we were just so hot, we didn't even want to stay for dessert and Icewine. Good thing we didn't because our bill with a 20% tip was just under $200! SNAP!!

If you are going, try to get a seat up at the front, away from the kitchen, there are less annoying people milling around because the amphitheatre is there as a buffer.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I have vey high standards for dining. We were very happy with our experience at the terrace. The portion sizes were fantastic my husband who likes a large portion was very happy with his lamb although I do recommend sharing either an appy or dessert, bread was included. This is comparing to Canadian portions as I know when we travel to the US the portions are double the size. Our friends ordered a side of fries which were delicious! Although not necessary as they could only eat a few as they were full form their entree. For the quality the pricing is very fair. Earls downtown wanted 28$ to $33 for a very generic meal while the terrace was 30$ to 40$ for exceptional quality, local ingredients, and that's not including the views! The staff were very friendly and helpful as soon as the sun was in my eyes they quickly pulled down the shade at our request. The selection of dishes was better than I expected and while you will pay more for the wines than you would get in the gift shop, the list is extensive and I would suggest a flight, which gives you a 2oz sample of three different wines. I found it a better bang for your buck. Overall great experience!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Remember to make your reservations well in advance. We had the carpaccio and squid salad. The carpaccio was tasty, I would pass on the squid salad for next time. We tried the pasta special (Linguine with halibut), steak and the lamb. The entrees were all good except the sauce for the lamb was overpowering. We tried all 3 desserts and they were all awesome.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I may not have been as impressed with this restaurant had it not been part of the wonderful Mission Hill Winery experience, but it was good with creative menu items and excellent wine-food pairing suggestions as you'd expect. The location and view are excellent, but it could get a bit cool and/or windy if the weather doesn't cooperate for you. The waiter stations and espresso machine can be a bit loud and disruptive to the generally quiet ambiance you'd expect from the location, but it is a minor annoyance only. The service was good.