“Not worth it”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We travel to Westbank regularly to visit family and returned to La Cucina after eating here a few years ago. My advice is to look elsewhere. The food was mediocre at best and quite expensive. I ordered lasagne ($20) which was slathered with mozarella cheese and filled with (filler??) cheap salami that looked more like balogna. The plain pasta with simple sauces looked better. Pizza was very sad. To top it off, the service was quite slow, although there were sveral large groups on the night we visited and the wait staff seemed run off their feet. If you are lookingfor a real Italian experience, this is not it.

1  Thank blpollock

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife, my 3 years old son and I had dinner today at La cucina.the hostess was good took us to our table right away. The waitress came and took our order for drinks and same time we ordered plain spaghetti for our son and asked to bring it as soon as it’s ready and no need to wait for our food. The drinks came and my son dumped his juice on the table and she was very kind to cleaned it even hit the glass of beer with her arm on my cloths. I was hoping to have a different chair as it was still wet and was standing for 10 min and finally I asked for a cushion to put it on the chair then i can sit and after 5 more min i got one and she just through it on the chair from far away without coming to us or saying anything. The chairs and table were unstable and all look very old and need some love. We ordered our appetizers and finally after 30 min came the plain spaghetti for my son with no ketchup as requested and after 45 min we got our appetizer(bruschetta and beef cappacio) but with no cutlery or ketchup for my son. My wife went to the nearby service station and grabbed what we needed. We waited about another 45 min for our main course(grilled Salmon and seafood linguini). the bruschetta was bad and never seen like it as never seen it without cheese just some pieces of tomato and onion. It looked almost from the day before. The beef was ok,the seafood pasta was mushy, too much sauce and just not good. The worst was the salmon as it was like piece of rubber or plastic. The plate went untouched back.They gave us a discount but we still paid over $80 for this experience and is not about the money if we enjoyed our food, service and evening but for this service, food and experience this place is really expensive.
And somebody should check the washrooms from time to time.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our whole experience at this lovely Italian restaurant. The service was excellent, the food was delicious and dessert (gelato) was a tasty treat. It was a little loud as it was busy and had the high echoey ceiling but it didn't take away from our lovely dinner out. Thank you for doing such a great job!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Love this little italian oasis iin West Kelowna. Very inviting, friendly, warm staff. Homemade itlalian cuisine with great portions.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

No wow here! The decor is old, dated, dirty..In desperate need of updating!!

Used to be such a fabulous restaurant when they first opened, it was the 'must go to' restaurant in West Kelowna. It's been many years since I've been but it doesn't look like the washroom has had a thorough cleaning since that last visit!! Built up dirt and grime in all corners and edges (floor and counters). Eewwwwww! Makes for a very bad impression!! If the ladies washroom is that dirty then what does the kitchen look like?? Obviously the manager or owner does not have 'cleanliness' standards they adhere to in their establishments operation..
No Clean standards in washrooms = no standards in kitchen cleanliness in my books!!

The food was average..nothing amazing or great to make us want to come back again. They were out of Halibut which was disappointing considering we took our time mulling over the menu to make our dinner selections..The waitress could have mentioned this when she provided the menus to us.

The server was friendly and attentive through out, however a little slow to bring the bill when our glasses were all empty..we waited and waited, the bill finally came and it said to 'pay your server' on it,..then we waited some more...she didn't return so we all (party of 4) went up to the till (it wasn't busy). When we mentioned this to her she said that we were to pay at the till! Given what it said on the bill it was confusing!

Overall a little more effort by management in 'attention to details' could improve the dining experience here!