“Still One of The Best Italian Restaurants”
Review of Amerigo's Nuraghe Caffe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My third visit to this little Restaurant run by Mr Amerigo (from italy) who has been there for years. He is friendy and easy going and he and makes each order as you order! The first time I was shocked that this little cucina in little downtown West Bank had some of the best Southern Italian cuisine that I've enjoyed at a restaurant in years. And I have lived in NY or Metro NY my entire life where Italian Gormet palaces reign supreme. The vibrant tastes of all the different red sauces with wonderful ingredients on homemade pasta and the exquisite main dishes whether pastas or the amazing Chicken Cacciatore, Marsala...etc are just incredible. It is a 'find'. One of those experiences that happen by chance. If you are in this region..pick up a bottle of wine and go!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Soooo good. It was empty in there probably because of the location and the older building. However the food quality was superb! Quiet and cute inside. I had a penne with prosciutto and asparagus in a creamy tomato sauce, probably the best sauce I've had! My boyfriend got cannelloni stuffed with chicken and prosciutto. Standard pricing about 17/18 dollars a pasta dish. The only problem was the Caesar I got wasn't the best and we got there right at open so the server wasn't there until a bit later. Overall I highly recommend.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

my wife and i went there for dinner on a late tiesday night..we had the homemade lasagna and caniloni..was extremely tasty and as we were the only people there,,no wait..the owner does everything by himself..very cute little place..he ended up buying us a dessert as we were way to full to order one..great food...service was cute as the owner does everything...great italian food..

Reviewed May 3, 2011

We were a group of six and went over Easter (Saturday) and had an absolutely delicious meal. I am italian and have been to Italy many, many times and I have to say that the food was delicious. The elderly italian owner prepares all the meals himself so you have to be patient, but it is worth the wait. The food was plentiful, colorful and tasty. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting "true italian" food. The outside of the restaurant is very plain jane, and the inside is the same, and it's so true that the "hole in the wall" restaurants (I hate to use that phrase) seem to always be the best for eating!! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

Do not go for canned beans and boiled potatoes and cheap canned sauces to this restaurant which is charging $22 and up for the terrible platery!