“Fresh and flavourful. Top quality affordable food.”
Review of Blu Saffron Bistro

Blu Saffron Bistro
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in West Kelowna
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Join us on our large vineyard, lake and mountain view patio or in our intimate 40 seat bistro. Featuring fresh mussels, pastas,avocado prawn brushetta, salads, Bahji Burger and our daily gourmet dinner features
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have eaten twice here since June. Both times I found the food to be faultless. The menu is contemporary but uncomplicated, and offers some twists on classic dishes. My favourite so far is the Tandoori spiced sockeye, which arrived cooked to perfection and delicately spiced. After inquiring I found that the chef prefers to source local ingredients, which would explain the wonderful freshness and flavour of my side salad. The others in my group all enjoyed their choices of pappardelle pasta, and an amazing sirloin burger.
The food served at the Blu Saffron is upscale, yet affordable (mains $16-19) and I was really pleased to see that the portions are quite generous!

The restaurant has an inviting indoor area, and a huge lake-view patio.
The whole experience was great and very relaxing. The staff were welcoming, friendly and informative, about food and wine selection (wine costs were very reasonable too)
I will definitely be dining here again over the Summer. What a great addition to the Westside!

1  Thank P A

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went here for lunch during our winery tour in June it was fantastic- mussels and a delicious shrimp taco i do believe if memory serves (a bit of wine was consumed at this point!) It was a beautiful sunny day with girlfriends and just all around great dining experience! :)

1  Thank Lifeisgood310
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We recently visited Blu Saffron on the recommendation of our B&B. The service was great; the waitress was attentive, but not intrusive; friendly and open. I ordered the mussels and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the order for an appetizer. I love mussels. The mussels were all of a really good size, no dime sized mussels in this order. I followed that with a caesar salad which was very nice with large slices of parmesan cheese. The only thing that I would like to see is some decoration on the patio deck. It is very sparse and feels a little like a blank slate waiting for some creative ambiance.

1  Thank DragonflyCalgary
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife, son and I have dined here three times and enjoyed several menu items on each occasion. Our meals have been consistently well prepared and presented. The menu provides enough variety to suit different tastes and appetites. The service was courteous and friendly without being intrusive. I found the overall blend of food, service, atmosphere and cost to be a pleasant experience. This bistro is a family friendly upscale alternative to the usual choices. We will continue to patronize this establishment.

1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Food was well priced, beautifully cooked and served and the wine pairing was also a great price although the winery and bistro are separate business. Has only been open a month but should do well. Open Thu - Sat evenings.