I just got back from a 2 night stay at the Cove Lakeside Resort. This place has all the character and potential of a place that could be awesome. But it was not awesome. It lacked in customer service. When we asked about the service, we were told that a lot of the staff were students that had gone back to school. How is this our problem when we are paying top Dollar for our stay? The rooms appeared clean, but on close inspection, there were splatters of who knows what on the walls, some of the blinds were missing from strategic places, so no privacy, and a few hairs on the floor that certainly weren't ours . . . The carpets had very noticeable stains as well. Asked at the front counter for a reservation in the restaurant - time was 6:30ish pm - were told we could get in at 8:30 pm. Okay, we were hungry, but we could wait. We arrived at close to 8:30 and were told to wait while they cleaned a table. (Only one other table inside the restaurant was full at that time, the rest was empty) They were putting us on the patio, as that was more pleasant, they said. So we waited, and waited, walked around the resort, and came back and waited some more. When they finally took us out, they had us sitting at a table with no lighting - we could not see the menus, or our food when it arrived. And yes, there was one other table available on the patio right at the front by the pool, it was empty, and stayed empty the whole time we were there, but it was not offered to us??? We asked one of the staff why the long wait and the outside placement - again, it was because they were short staffed!!! Really????? come on guys, we had better things to do with our precious time than wait around for hours and then eat in the dark . . .
The price was was out of line for what we got . . . and this was a 2 bedroom suite - it was very noisy, not because of other guests, but mechanical noises in the ceiling area all night long
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Lakeside Resort is a luxury all-suite resort featuring 120 elegantly decorated one, two and three bedroom suites, indulgent treatments at The Spa at the Cove, a private lakefront beach, two seasonal outdoor pools and a private marina. With a peaceful waterfront setting and dramatic views of Okanagan Lake, we are a place where the beauty and solitude of nature is just 20 minutes from the shops and restaurants of downtown Kelowna. While our surroundings are known for their breathtaking views and recreational opportunities; unparalleled guest service and boutique-style hospitality are the heart of The Cove Lakeside Resort experience. Whether you’re visiting for a family vacation, romantic getaway, wedding celebration or corporate gathering, you will feel truly at home away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your The Cove Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Lakeside Hotel West Kelowna
- Cove Lakeside Westbank
- The Cove Lakeside Resort Kelowna/West Kelowna