“Fabulous Resort”

The Cove Lakeside Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was lucky enough to spend an impromptu night at The Cove last weekend while driving back to Vancouver and was blown away by the location, service and quality of accommodation.

There are gorgeous lake and mountain views in the forefront with stunning backdrop of the Kelowna wine lands.

Our room on the second floor overlooked the lake and was super spacious, clean and comfortable. That night was like sleeping on a cloud- great bed!

We dined at the Bonfire restaurant on the patio and I fell in love with their chocolate mousse brownie (gluten free!!!)- which was recommended by our lovely and knowledgeable waitress. It is also worth mentioning that my boyfriend had the Sunday dinner special which was a perfect moreish meal at a great price.

There was so much to do and enjoy that I wished could have stayed for a week.

There are newer reviews for The Cove Lakeside Resort

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is our second time staying here, we do truly love the resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The location is great, the rooms are lovely. But we will rethink staying next year due to the prices. The taxes, resorts fee and DMF fee add another $100 to the already inflated room rate. We ate at the restaurant once this time around for breakfast. The service was terrible. Waited 45 minutes for meals that came with some parts under cooked. They did kindly comp. our meal, but still could of been handled better.

There was no food/drink service at the pool during the week in the middle of July.

The front staff are friendly and helpful.

My real complaint here is if you charge 5 star prices have all amenities and service on par. But mind you even if the services are on par it is still very pricy.

I really don't think I can justify paying what is charged to stay at this resort again. Pity we do enjoy the place. :-(

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 1 day. We had some questions regarding the surroundings, which were handled better than expected and were answerred very friendly. Rooms are quite large and very clean. Nice lakeview, from rooms as well as the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a studio which we knew was small. It was small but if you are spending most of your time at the pool, on the beach.. it was fine. It was totally comfortable - bed was a bit small as we are use to a king and it was a double but all in all okay. The room was lacking information though - I think the studios are used as part of the suites and when not rented, they are rented separately (just guessing) so there was no info - usually there is a book with info on the resort, restaurant.... but there was nothing. The pool was lovely, beach was nice. I went to the spa and it was nice - my treatment was nice. We had two meals at the restaurant and it was fine. I was not totally overwhelmed with the resort but I was not put off either. We would go back if the price was right.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm surprised when I see all of the messages indicating this hotel is fantastic, because it is not. Far from it !
The wait staff are extremely slow, unfocused and keep leaving the guests unattended. It wasn't just us who experienced this problem, but other diners around us commented on the same problem. It didn't happen just once, but happened EVERY single meal. The thing that disturbed me the most was the lack of umbrellas or shaded areas around the pool.
A "higher end hotel" that is booked solid for a weekend in July and has 3 umbrellas available to share between +1000 people ?

In this day and age – with the knowledge of sun exposure and for their own legal liability I am stunned to know that around the pool they had only a total of 5 umbrellas – and 2 were not working. (Which is beyond my comprehension why the management would allow almost 50% of the umbrellas to be not working and not have made alternative arrangements for replacements. – In JULY ??? ) – However - even 5 umbrellas is inexcusable in my opinion.

Therefore, we are left on a hot day – with full sun – and nowhere to sit.
There is only 1 seating area near the restaurants that are occupied by the smokers - and cannot hold more than 6 people - otherwise there is nowhere else ????
So if you are guests like ourselves – who do not have the privilege of a balcony to sit on, (because they were sold out)... do not smoke, or do not have 1 of the 3 umbrellas offered by the hotel – there is absolutely nowhere to sit on a beautiful summers day. So the alternative is to sit in the lobby of the hotel, or inside our hotel room that has no balcony & stained carpets ???

Oh, but not sure if you wanted to be at the pool anyway because it is freezing cold, (not heated at all), and the beautiful view was obstructed by a gigantic child water slide - right in the central view line - opposed to being off to the side so the visual beauty of the surroundings were not obstructed.

In all - the room was dirty, the service was terrible, the guest facility (pool and seating areas) were non-existent - and it is extremely overpriced. $28.00 for a grilled vegetable sandwich - that they call "vegetable wellington" which was simply grilled vegetables in a wrap. $28.00 worth.

I have also written directly to the hotel with these complaints.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have balcony - and if you plan to relax somewhere ensure you have a balcony as the...
5  Thank Melanie B
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My first experience at the Cove kept me wanting to come back....This is our second year here and without a doubt we will make this our annual getaway. It just keeps on getting better. I love the lake and have been to ALL of the resorts, I finally found the perfect place to relax and enjoy my vacation! By far the best resort in the Okanagan. Live music every weekend, safe, fun environment...We had everything within hands reach, within 3 days my boyfriend and I went surfing, paddle boarding..the restaurant "Bonfire" has such a welcoming atmosphere and great food. This year especially blew us away! I would recommend to everyone. BONUS..every room is a "apartment" has all the amenities....extended our stay a week!

2  Thank Michael V
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Beautiful resort, yes... But our room was dirty. The toilet seat still had pee on it... And we even found a dirty thong hanging behind the bathroom door. Dusty head boards too. Not good for somebody with asthma. All clearly missed. Housekeepers were extremely loud too. We couldn't sleep past 9am during the entire time of our stay!! We could hear them carrying on and swearing in the halls. Bring ear plugs. My husband and I brought this up with the Housekeeping "Supervisors" which resembled nothing more then children in blasers. None of them knew how to properly deal with an adult situation. Very rude.

Trust me, Don't stay here! It's NOT worth the $$!

• Stayed: June 2013
Hotel Eldorado
#1 of 34 in Kelowna
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#5 of 34 in Kelowna

Been to The Cove Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!