This was a very pleasant suprise in Kelowna. We just spent a long weekend there. It's best feature is that it is directly lakeside (but not in a cove, rather on a bit of a point?) Be sure to get a lakeview room, the other side would look at a parking lot and the view to the lake is very nice in all directions. The rooms are large - all suites with bedroom(s), living room, dining area, washer/dryer, kitchen and dining room and medium to quite large decks. The 1 bedroom we had was very large. The rooms are well decorated and the king bed was very comfortable. Views of the lake from bed, deck, living room and kitchen. I believe the units all have owners but they seem to be in good repair despite that. It looks like a hotel, with consistent quality and design of decor, etc. The restaurant was good with a large deck by the pool and lake view. The pool area was very nice with 2 pools and 2 hot tubs. There was a small water slide that was actually really good. There is a small swimming beach and marina right on the property.
I only had small complaints. The service was not great although the staff were quite friendly. It looks like an upscale resort so one expects service to match. There is a grandish entrance but no one to help with bags. The housekeeping was quite poor - it seems they make the bed but that's it. No cleaning, no new towels (but they took away the ones we left on the floor), no dish cleaning. Our friend in another suite had asked for a number of extra wine glasses for a social event. The next day they left them dirty but grouped together on the counter - they were completely ignored by housekeeping - not cleaned and not removed. The room was not cleaned either after the event (it wasn't bad as they had done most of the clean up).
The only othe rthing woudl be the small bathrooms. They did not match the size or luxury of th rest of the place. Only a basic tub, no separate shower and rather bland decor.
However, I would stay here again for sure and recommend it highly. Mabe the service was an anomoly. Anything we asked for was done well.
The hotel is very close to several wineries and golf courses. We never went more than 5 - 10 min drive away for four days as everything you might want is close by. Did I mention the lake?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Lakeside Resort is a luxury all-suite resort featuring 120 elegantly decorated one, two and three bedroom suites, indulgent treatments at The Spa at the Cove, a private lakefront beach, two seasonal outdoor pools and a private marina. With a peaceful waterfront setting and dramatic views of Okanagan Lake, we are a place where the beauty and solitude of nature is just 20 minutes from the shops and restaurants of downtown Kelowna. While our surroundings are known for their breathtaking views and recreational opportunities; unparalleled guest service and boutique-style hospitality are the heart of The Cove Lakeside Resort experience. Whether you’re visiting for a family vacation, romantic getaway, wedding celebration or corporate gathering, you will feel truly at home away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cove Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Lakeside Hotel West Kelowna
- Cove Lakeside Westbank
- The Cove Lakeside Resort Kelowna/West Kelowna