“Great meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Vancouver Canada
“Great meal”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Based on previous reviews, we decided to give this place a try and we weren't disappointed. We were there late - about 8, and they closed at 9, so the place wasn't very busy at that time. The food was fantastic! We both had lamb - my husband had the souvlaki, and I had the lamb chops, and the chops were the winner. My husband had dolmades for an appetizer and they were frozen and reheated in the microwave (first time they came out they were still a bit frozen) but still very tasty. We would definitely go back!

• Visited July 2014

Kelowna, Canada
“Lovely owners, average meals”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We found this place by scanning Urban Spoon listings nearby as we traveled through West Kelowna. It's close to the highway and easy to find.

This seems to be a family-owned and operated business, complete with family photos on the walls, pics of their kids and some baby soothers?? as decoration on the wall. Sweet, though - and very friendly genuine service.

The decor and atmosphere are the usual hole-in-a-wall in a strip mall 90's family restaurant look. That description will make sense when you see it. But for a neighborhood restaurant, it's fine. I ordered the falafel sandwich. All the food was fresh but the falafel balls tasted a little burnt and I would have liked some additional tahini sauce either in the wrap or on the side. Hot sauce would have been nice too. Fries were great, and the kids had burgers - they complained that they were a little too salty but at least the meat seemed perfectly cooked. My husband's chicken souvlaki was very tasty. The soft drinks were warm and served with ice in a glass that didn't seem too clean.

The value for the meal was excellent. Large portions and reasonable fees. I don't think I'll make my way back here, but I wouldn't warn anyone away either. If you live in the neighborhood it's probably worth visiting for the evenings you don't feel like cooking.

1 Thank Sharimck
Cochrane, Canada
“Superb”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

After reading the earlier reviews I decided it was time to see for myself what the restaurant has to offer. The atmosphere is cozy and casual and you can tell right away it is friendly. I was the last customer for the evening and I could have been the first as the service was wonderful which is not always the case at restaurants when arriving at near closing hour. The menu is simple offering more than adequate choices for the discerning palate. I ordered the Shish Tawook dinner after an entertaining consultation with one of the family members that own the restaurant. Needless to say all of the reviews will not describe the exquisite tastes you will savour as you devour your meal. So my only advice to you is don't just read about this treasure go to Gabys and dig in.

Shropshire
“Wonderful surprise”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were staying local to this restaurant, and were looking for a simple bite to eat the night we arrived. How our expectations were surpassed! From the outside the restaurant doesn't catch your eye, but once inside the atmosphere was warm and friendly between the staff and customers, and we were made to feel very welcome. We enjoyed a dinner of bruschetta, followed by assorted Lebanese entrees, all of which were freshly prepared and first class, and the bill for four of us, including wine, was under 120 bucks - a bargain! Give them a try, you are sure to enjoy your evening.

3 Thank Howard J
Kelowna, Canada
“Excellent Little Lakeview Heights Treasure”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The owners are very friendly and always aim to please. I've eaten here several times and its always excellent. We just walk in and ask them to feed us. Never disappointing! Even some impromptu belly dancing...with lessons. This is not a fancy restaurant, but it definitely is a good restaurant. It is small and cozy. In the summer there is an out door patio area out back. This would be a perfect place to book a small party and they really should promote that!

Visited June 2014