“Don't bother eating at the restaurant.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Lazeez Restaurant - CLOSED

Lazeez Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Vancouver
“Don't bother eating at the restaurant.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am not usually one to complain, and rather like to find the positives in everything. However, we were pretty surprised at our lunch at Volcanic Hills.

So, we arrived at the winery, needing lunch. We decided to go straight through the wine tasting and go straight to their restaurant so that we could get the best of both worlds, their wine, and food....or so we thought.

Our server, while nice, was annoying, and came back to tell her life story, or versions thereof, a few times. Different stories such as how the whole serving staff only found out a day before opening that the restaurant was due to open the next day etc. Anyways, overbearing and intrusive would be two words that come to mind. I like good service, but when our family can't have a conversation without interruption, I draw the line.

And finally, when we ordered, our daughter chose the mac and cheese. All of our other food was actually very tasty (although my salad came with a hair in it). The shocker was when our daughters' lunch arrived, and guess what? The mac and cheese was KRAFT DINNER! I paid $9 for a KRAFT DINNER! From then on, our experience was soured, as even my daughter was disappointed - she was expecting a good quality mac and cheese, not kraft dinner.

We will not return.

1 Thank Leavings00n

Surrey, BC
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

It was a nice surprise to find this restaurant as the other wineries in the area had two hour waiting lists or were reservation only over the long holiday weeekend. It was very quiet with only two other couples, so we had a choice of tables on the patio. However, we didn't quite receive quite the same level of service as the previous contributors - other than the umbrella situation which was dealt with immediately. The coho salmon was top-notch, but my daughter's butter chicken was about average. The creme brulee was different, more of a pudding, but it had a nice rich flavour and a generous portion with a lovely caramel glaze. The cheesecake was frozen in the middle and really muddled with blackberries and/or raspberries with a very heavy crust. The cheesecake itself wasn't the creamy New York style, more a European curd-type, but again, very tasty and different. The menu might want to be a bit more clear in this regard. We had to ask for serviettes, and were not offered water refills other than one time by a different server, despite the fact that we drained our glasses. Coffee was luke-warm and took a long time to receive. Refills had to be requested and were not complimentary. Our server, despite being charming, hovered when it came time to pay instead of retreating and then returning but I would have appreciated a bit more attentiveness to service through-out our meal. Other than these minor issues, the restaurant was a treat especially for those wanting something different. I am sure this restaurant will become very popular once established.

• Visited August 2013
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Volcanic Hills Winery as our last stop before departing Kelowna after a weekend wedding. We had lunch at Lazeez Restaurant and were not disappointed! First of all, the view is absolutely stunning and amazing, and the tables are nicely spread out on a large deck with umbrellas to provide some shade if desired on those sunny days. We dealt with two servers, both of whom were top notch. There was a male server with an accent who came right over and asked if my wife and I would like our picture taken together which was a very nice gesture. Our main server was a lady (can't remember her name) but she was courteous, timely, and my water glass never got empty!

As for the food itself, we hadn't done any research and were frankly surprised that it was mainly East Indian cuisine (but we LOVE East Indian food) so it was all good! I had the butter chicken with naan bread and rice. My wife had the Samosas and we also ordered (cant remember exactly what it was called) but some fragrant and spicy soup. I am a HUGE fan of butter chicken so I will start there. The chicken was moist and flavorful as was the rice and sauce! I prefer a naan bread that is a little more moist with maybe some garlic, but that's just me being picky. The samosas were great and came with three different dipping sauces, the mango chutney was my fav. The soup was very tasty and has a nice spicy kick to the back of the throat, but the server had forewarned us and kept my water glass full which was very nice of her so I was ready and really enjoyed it. There was a minor wasp issue which had us on our feet a few times (the wasps love the food too) but not much can be done about that I guess!

Payment was quick and efficient and we left very full and overall very satisfied with our meal and experience. If you want to head inside and sample some wine, I like how they will deduct the sampling fee from the bottle of wine if you make a purchase - totally fair.

Overall this is a very good restaurant with very good food and excellent service! Would not hesitate to recommend to friends or try again. Thanks for a great lunch experience!!

Vancouver, Canada
“Unbelievably good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

On our way through Kelowna wine country we stopped at Volcanic Hills winery. It turns out they had just opened an Indian fusion restaurant ,"Lazee", so we decided to have late lunch. Being from Vancouver were there is an abundance of choice in Indian cuisine we are very discerning (read as picky) . Our waitress ,Pamela, was outstanding very attentive and friendly. The cuisine was incredible ,my wife had trout over pasta with a mango relish. She is a huge fish eater and declared it "fantastic " . I had the Butter chicken ( I know,normally a pedestrian Indian basic ) uniquely seasoned and plated. The plating of the meals was beautiful, the pairing with their Gewurztraminer was delightful. One of the best meals we have had.

Bobby G, Owner at Lazeez Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you Max for stopping by the Winery for your late lunch. I am glad you and your wife enjoyed yourself on our new patio restaurant. I hope we will see you and your wife again soon.

Thanky you again,
Bobby Gidda
Proprietor
Volcanic Hills Estate Winery
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went to go visit Volcanic Hills on our tour of the Okanagan. The food was really good and the service even better. The waitress was very helpful and made sure everyone was happy. The owners took the time to come and make sure we had everything. The view of the vineyard and the lake made this visit perfect. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It's different than any other winery visit you will have. A true shining star.

They even have non alcoholic choices for kids so that they can feel like they are having a glass of make believe vino with us in the same type of glass.