“My favorite winery” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Straw Vineyards

Little Straw Vineyards
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Little Straw Vineyards is a family-owned estate winery with vineyard plantings dating back to the mid-70's. The majority of our wines are made from our estate-grown grapes. In our large, airy wine shop you can sample our wines free of charge, although we encourage cash donations to our local food bank. We offer an eclectic array of wine-related condiments, regional literature, and gift items to round out your visit. Between noon and 6 pm daily you can enjoy a tapas-style meal in our on-site lounge, the Barrel Top Grill.
Kelowna, Canada
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“My favorite winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I came here in 2007 for the first time. This is a small family run winery and I always got a great reception. Excellent wine. I love the Foche. This is my favorite winery.

Owen Sound, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best of the winery tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We toured several of the Okanagan Valley wineries today, and our definite favourite was Little Straw Vineyards. We sampled 4 white wines and they were all fantastic! Staff was knowledgeable and professional but still friendly and made us feel quite comfortable. We returned, after going to a couple other better known West Kelowna wineries, for lunch and it was absolutely delicious. We were additionally impressed that lunch was made of locally grown and produced foods. Definitely would go back.

Owen Sound, Ontario
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Most Enjoyable Wine Experience At A Kelowna Winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We found Little Straw Vineyards by accident, and glad we did! The staff at the tasting bar were very friendly, outgoing and very knowledgeable about their wines and vineyard! They made us feel very comfortable and at ease while tasting their wines! We were amazed by the quality of their various whites and and rose, so much so, that we ended purchasing several bottles of all the wines we tasted! My wife and I both agreed that these were the best white wines we have ever tasted!
We came back to this "Gem" of a winery for lunch, and we were not disappointed! The Smoked Salmon was fabulous, and Chef's Tapas selection unique and flavorable! The ambiance on the deck overlooking the lake and vineyards with relaxing music was just perfect!
For those who love great wines, tasty food at reasonable prices and the fabulous hospitality, this is "The Vineyard" to visit while in Kelowna!
Special kudos to Maria, the assistant manager, for making our visit so enjoyable!

1 Thank Michael G
Tauranga
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Loved the wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were extremely well treated by the staff, who gave us the history of the vineyard and details of the area before taking us in for the wine tasting. All the wines were good but the ice wine was our absolute favourite. I am glad I am not one of the pickers for that wine.
If you like the wine, then stock up while you are there.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Taurangahawk
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“My favourite West Kelowna vineyard and I'm a local!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Little Straw Vineyard is a fantastic gem of a find. If you like good wine, you can find some of Okanagan's best wine at this family-run winery.
The Tapestry is a family favourite of ours. Best to stock up while you are there as it is a best seller.
The ice wine is the best I have tasted in the Okanagan and a fraction of the price of some of the larger wineries.
Tasting here costs you only a donation which goes to the community and is worth every penny.

Visited July 2013